Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gas or electric?

Hi I've been offered two rifles, both the same price
    G&g cm16 raider L, one is electric and the other is gas blowback with two mags

I have no idea which would be better
    Any ideas
    sigpic

Re: Gas or electric?

If you don't know the difference, chances are you're a new player - in which case definitely go for the electric one. Gas weapons need far more maintenance than electric ones, don't as work well in the cold, have heavy and expensive mags which hold far less ammo and are generally a lot more faff than electric guns (AEGs as they're known).

If, once you have gained a bit of experience and knowledge, you want to try using a gas gun as your primary weapon you can - but for now I'd strongly suggest against it.

Comment

thanks mate, the gas one come with two mags. nice bit of kit. hummm thanks for the input
      sigpic

Comment

Each gas mag will only hold 30 - 60 rounds.

You can buy 300 round mag for £10 for the electric one.

The number of mags is irrelevant, it's the number of rounds of ammo you can carry that should concern you.

Comment

I think electric is definately the way to go Paul, especially first off, and the choices depend entirely on your budget, though I would say, the better you buy first off, the longer it will be before you feel the need to change it.
          "This is my rifle, it's just a toy one, there are many like it, they're toy ones too, without it, i'm £250 better off, without me, it gathers dust in the corner, we're just big boys playing soldiers, lets try and remember that" play fair have fun.

Comment

thanks for all the info, think you are right, I the mags he's got hold 30 and hes only got two. good price for all of it but think AEG is the way forward for me then.
            sigpic

Comment

after all that, the gasser is the only one available now. bugger, too slow on making my mind up. still not going to get it mind. so anyone knows of a nice G&G cm16 raider AEG type rifle for £100 let me know
              sigpic

Comment

I'll ask around at my site for you...
                "This is my rifle, it's just a toy one, there are many like it, they're toy ones too, without it, i'm £250 better off, without me, it gathers dust in the corner, we're just big boys playing soldiers, lets try and remember that" play fair have fun.

Comment

If its the g&g gas cm it can take an aeg gearbox as well , just a case of finding a spare g&g Electric gearbox

Comment

really! like you said, finding the G&G Electic gearbox might be a problem.
                    sigpic

Comment

lots come up for around £100 mate, DEFIANTLY electric for your first one, get a GBB side arm and you will see how much more trouble they are, they are more fun tho lol

Comment

For about £20-30 more you can get a new G&G CM16 so unless its a complete package at around £100 I'd recommend going new.

Great little things, still got my CM16 L and don't think I'll get rid of it (keeping it as a decent backup/loaner), it just works.
                        "The only easy day was yesterday"

Originally posted by woody549
                        Guns + Booze + Friends + Fun = Winning

Comment

I did see them new, just a little short to get one fully ready. Thought I would spot a few cheap ones knocking about but not a chance, it seems this rifle goes up in price lol
                          sigpic

Comment

I would buy new that way you have a years warranty etc .

Comment

Garvey, was talking to someone earlier and they were talking about selling their cm16 raider, so I mentioned your name to them! Hopefully they get in touch.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

garvey2003 I design Airsoft Patches, Logos and banners oh and I play Airsoft :) Find out more about garvey2003
                              Working...
                              X