ASG mk23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASG mk23

as above, debating getting one after reading loads of reviews. the only thing that concerns is that its got a fixed hop. Does that effect it at all? the range is meant to be immense on these things and people who have them love them considering they are so cheap.
    Wait up Mike! I fell on my keys!

Re: ASG mk23

If you can afford it, go for the TM.

The ASG is good, but its not exactly site friendly on decent gases out of the box, and the trigger full is horrendous. I was certain mine was going to snap in half after a few trigger pulls!

Comment

yeah I read that too, what the fixed hop like? played my first game as a sniper and crashed and burned when it was close range due to engagement rnge limits at my local site

Comment

I love my MK23, and if you take the slide off, it has a small wheel you can adjust the hop (never needed to adjust it as its great on 0.25)

and its awesome in the winter!! and i use it at the mall all the time without it going over the FPS.
        . . . . . . . . . GET SOME!!! . . . . . . . .
        TM P90/ G&G M4 CHOINE (WHITE M4 INNIT!) / KSC G18C / TM G17 / WE G18C / WE 1911 MEHICO DRUGLORD

Comment

Originally posted by Fat_Head_86 View Post
          yeah I read that too, what the fixed hop like? played my first game as a sniper and crashed and burned when it was close range due to engagement rnge limits at my local site
          No idea, took it back to the shop as I disliked it that much! Personally, I prefer the ruger. Although I still need to downgrade that thing

Comment

The ASG has an adjustable hop, its just a cheap clone of the TM version.
            section 24 of the 1968 Act
            Supplying imitation firearms to minors
            1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
            2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Worth pointing out, its not as quiet as the TM.

I have the ASG, but mine seems to be lots of trouble. Will frequently do a thing where it fires one BB nicely, but then not feed again unless you take the mag out and put it back in, whereupon it fires once, and then need the process repeated.

It did this to me new out of the box. Every now and then I try to sort it, but gas isn't really my thing.

Comment

So it's kind of like luck of the draw whether you get a dud or a decent one. what else would you guys suggest apart from the TM mk23? I was told a P99 nbb was quiet too. What other decent nbbs are out there?

Comment

asg a good nbb, can just run bit hot for some sites, mine use to be 394 with extension on with 134a, your biggest problem is getting hold of new tm mk23 or P99's, s/h pop up and go very quickly

Comment

There's a place about 25min drive from me that sells the asg mk23 for £60. Might go up and see if he lets me play with it. Is there any GBB out there that are quiet with a suppressor or should I not bother and go for the mk23? Hated it at first but the while silent thing excites me a little haha

Comment

NBBs are inherently much quieter than GBBs, and the quietest of them all is the TM Mk.23, by some distance. The only reason the P99 is discussed at all is because the SOCOM's bloody enormous - quite literally too big for some people's hands - and because otherwise everyone would have a SOCOM. The TM Mk.23 is that rare combination of excellent performance, efficiency and reliability and TBH at £130ish (from UK retailers) it's a bargain; you could spend triple that to get inferior performance from just about any other platform.

I've no experience with the ASG, but at a reasonable price (sub-£150ish) I'd take the TM any day.

Comment

The ASG is a nice enough pistol, and provided you don't get a dud performs almost as well as the TM it's cloned from.

However.. and this is a pretty major note to keep in mind.. Unlike the TM, the ASG suppressor acts as a barrel extension and doesn't have huge bearing on the muzzle report.. instead it actually increases the FPS of the pistol to a level higher than most sites will allow.
                        AGM Scar L (Black) - KWA Glock 17 - CA B&T MP5A4

Comment

Honestly, I'd back up every comment about the TM, I went for the ASG and have been wishing ever since I'd saved my pennies a little longer and gone TM. Especially if you are looking for near silent performance, the TM is the only choice, it is proper whisper-quiet in a way the ASG isn't.

Comment

I put the TM suppressor on my ASG! and its propper quiet! and long with the Lam unit,

Tho as soon as the TM is back instock, i will get one! But my ASG has been awesome!! And fits in my massive hands really well!!
                            . . . . . . . . . GET SOME!!! . . . . . . . .
                            TM P90/ G&G M4 CHOINE (WHITE M4 INNIT!) / KSC G18C / TM G17 / WE G18C / WE 1911 MEHICO DRUGLORD

Comment

The TM is brilliant, I brought an ASG and regretted it, however finding somewhere with the TM in stock took 2 months and a lot more than the RRP, however it was definitely worth it!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Fat_Head_86 Find out more about Fat_Head_86
                              Working...
                              X