One of those days

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One of those days

This isn't a particularly witty or informative post or anything like that. I just wanted to share my frustration after just one of "those" days skirmishing yesterday. It wasn't the players or the site. I was at EAG Dorking and have never had a bad game there or any issues with other players.

It was a bad kit day. I brought all my guns with me as we were supposed to be bringing some new guys who hadn't played before but they didn't show up. First of all my Ares M60E4 stopped working. It's the second time I have used it and the second time that I have got myself into a position with good cover and concealment and have been getting some good kills with it when it died.

I switched to my pistol and went mobile and guess what? That broke too. No idea why but I was only getting about ten shots before running out of gas. I think the mag is knackered and not having a spare I had no way of testing.

So back to the safe zone to pick up my AK spetznaz.
    Guess what? Battery that was fully charged the night before was completely dead. One of the wires has been trapped by something and partially sliced through.

On to my last gun then. Luckily my G&P M16vn worked a treat for the rest of the day. A real beast of a gun with no issues. One of my three mags for it broke though just to round off the day.

All in all a frustrating days skirmishing.

Re: One of those days

I have recently had a few days like that. 2 outings both with my newly upgraded Tavor and on both times it went wrong. On both occasions my back up gun went wrong too. My M4 stopped feeding one day and my G33 gearbox constantly jammed the next. Luckily I had my AEP with me but with the weather being cold the batteries didn't last long with the heavy use

It got so bad at 1 point I wanted to pack airsoft in but after a small break I returned a couple of weeks ago and had some of the most fun games I had ever had. It was great to get back

TM SCAR-L Recoil Shock/TM G18C AEP

Comment

Re: One of those days

My time at the NAE weekender was kind of like that. Spent the first day tramping round the site, seemingly always turning up just after any decent firefight had finished. Don't think I got more than a mid-caps worth of shots off all day. Even when we did find a shootout, I was mostly the first to go down, before we realized anything had started. Or spent it putting down covering fire in a desperate and futile attempt to extricate me and my buddy from the cacky (2 vs 10 makes for a bad day at the best of times)
      I missed out on the night-fight entirely because I was absolutely dog tired. Was hardly up to cooking dinner, let alone running around the forest.
      Day two, I go out, my supposedly full battery dies (must not have forgotten to charge it). Schelp all the way back to the tent to grab my spare (which is the battery that I'd used on day one), return to the battlefield. My rear sling loop gives up on life. and by lunchtime, my spare battery has given in too.

By the end of it, between the bad luck and the depression brought on by lack of sleep, I was seriously considering dropping airsoft altogether.

Couple of weeks later, I played another game, in the hammering rain, got some good kills, nothing went wrong, and came away (admittedly early) grinning like a loon. even if I did look I'd gone for a swim fully clothed. Sometimes you just have a bad day, and IMO, it makes the good days that little bit sweeter.
      Not actually a builder
      Not actually called Bob.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Greenie Find out more about Greenie
      Working...
      X