tanio koba twist barrels...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tanio koba twist barrels...

Looking into upgrades for my tm g17 and I've found some of these in the uk. Just wondering how they compare to other tightbore barrels in terms of fps and accuracy. The other barrels I'd be considering would be a nine ball 6.03 or a pdi 6.01. Just curious to hear other peoples opinions on these barrels and which one they'd choose and why. Cheers.

Re: tanio koba twist barrels...

Pretty good as long as they fall in the 320 330 fps range. Above or below that range... Not worth it. Stick with pdi or similar.
    Problems? Problems? There is no problem I cannot solve with this...

++ Attributed to Mad Chainsword Johnson, Commander of the White Scars ++

"Systema owners are easily startled, but they'll soon be back and in larger numbers"
    Obi-Wan Kenobi

Comment

Speaking from a point of view where I tested both the nine ball and the pdi in my tm glock 17 custom build the other week, I would take the nine ball 6.03 over the Taino and the pdi.

Why?...

The PDI from what I gather is expensive and picky on the ammo you feed it. I have hard that range is sacrificed for not that great improvement on accuracy.

The Taino koba when I installed it was quite hit and miss, the shots that were good went straight and true, I couldn't notice an increase in range however the biggest difference is the shots travel straight without that distinct bit of climb you get with a usual barrel. However the shots that weren't so good went wild. And I mean wild! I am guessing that even a tm glock on green gas was to high an FPS. I guess the gas traveling down the barrel did not have enough time to stabilise the bb and the ricochet action down the barrel caused this.

The nine ball however gave very consistent results. Coupled with a firefly hop in there every shot goes where I want it and with great accuracy. In short very pleased.

So in short... I returned the Taino koba and kept the nine ball, much better barrel for your money. Less pissing about to get it to work and delivers great results.

Hope this helps.

Rgds.

Andy.

Comment

Re: tanio koba twist barrels...

I have PDI 6.01 barrels in most of my TM guns and must say that they are exceptionally good. I don't have any pistols with the twist barrel but I do have one in my AUG and it's okay but nothing special. You will find that the PDI barrels do give a noticeable increase in velocity in a gas gun.
        Growing old is mandatory
        Growing up is optional...

The tinkering tale of an airsoft addict, wargamer and book fanatic at http://ocdairsoft.blogspot.com/
        It even gets updated occasionally... Quite recently even!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

CJC Find out more about CJC
        Working...
        X