This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flak inbound.

Someone has sent an Email/letter into Airsoft action.
    Makes some interesting reading.
    Kudos to whoever sent it.

Just shows that without a full monopoly, you can't sensor, bury and ignore criticism.
    Just saying. :p

section 24 of the 1968 Act
    Supplying imitation firearms to minors
    1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
    2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Re: Flak inbound.

Wonder how long this thread lasts...

Comment

my bets maybe til this evening
      "you dont need to see my UKARA.........I have a wrist band :P"

Comment

I can see the picture been censored to look like something from a 1960's SECRET document, with lots of black lines with only the good comments showing lol

Comment

IN B4 CLOSING!!!!!!

Seriously though - the £800 G3 thread got deleted after a few days. This one won't even last the night...

EDIT: As far as not mentioning other retailers goes - although part of me can understand the reasoning, Z1 have a nice bit in red saying 'lowest price guaranteed' - if that's the case, why can't we mention the competition - might motivate Z1 to get more parts in, to take business from rivals.

Comment

And yet we all seem to find ourselves here, log in after log in...

Comment

Odd, very odd. Expected it bye bye by now. It certainly looks like its damaged the one and only. Ho hum. Silly, very silly.
              Problems? Problems? There is no problem I cannot solve with this...

++ Attributed to Mad Chainsword Johnson, Commander of the White Scars ++

"Systema owners are easily startled, but they'll soon be back and in larger numbers"
              Obi-Wan Kenobi

Comment

Originally posted by B.E.N. View Post
                And yet we all seem to find ourselves here, log in after log in...
                I enjoy the drama, its like eastenders for airsofters.

Comment

Not very anonymous either really. I'm going to bet the admins can remember exactly who it was that they banned. I'm foreseeing a lifetime ban for them now! One thing censorious b######s hate is being called on it! (I expect this to disappear soon too!)

Course, as the forum is run by the retailer, it's up to them what they allow, or don't. Their train set so to speak, but it does rather damage their reputation when stuff like this pops up.

Comment

Originally posted by Abbadon101 View Post
                    I enjoy the drama, its like eastenders for airsofters.
                    Airsoft must have been really dull before the Internet came along and turned it into a daily activity.

Comment

Forums used to be good 10 years ago, some had excellent admin on them :p
                      If you don't like the forum you can stop using it anytime, it's weird as Ben said, we always come back, even the e-mail writer, who can't guess who wrote that to AA

Comment

There is no secret. It was me. I did it. I also did supply my name and address but I guess they were trying to do me a favour.

I tried all the proper channels. Letter to Zero one, PMs to Rampage etc but it all fell on deaf ears so I went a little more public with it. Nice to see it made it on here!

Comment

Was gonna say I thought that sounded familiar lol!
                          Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

It's an interesting allegation.
                            I have to say I have no issues with a forum owner deciding that they don't want other retailers mentioned. They have coughed up to host it so it's only fair.
                            Regarding freedom of speech, nobody can stop a user expressing their opinion, but if someone is hosting then that should be respected and I would be happy if they moderated inappropriate content. I teach at a school and whilst I have no issues with young people swearing or making offensive comments, i will not allow it in school as it is an inappropriate environment for it. Likewise, news sites moderate offensive /prejudiced / racist comments as they are inappropriate.
                            The internet is a big place. If you don't like moderation in one place then feel free to move.
                            That said, I am less happy that post contents have allegedly been altered. It's one thing to remove posts that are not in keeping with a forum's ideology but it's something else to attribute comments to a user without their consent. If there's any truth (and it is an if) that crosses a line in my book as I cannot now trust any posts made are actually the opinions of the accreditted poster.
                            Quick edit post Loki's.
                            I forgot to add, that I think that public dissent is a vital part of forum discussion. The comments that he claims he made reasonable. They just gave a balanced point of view and were unlikely to severely affect the revenue of the NAE. Removing thesr sort of comments just seems like a step too far. How else do games, sites amd the sport progress and improve if feedback is quashed?
                            "The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done."
                            George Carlin

Comment

For me this is a good place to meet fellow airsofters,but is it the only/best place to buy?!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

seansamurai1 Over the 30 mark but not over the hill yet!!! Find out more about seansamurai1
                              Working...
                              X