• Show
Clear All

Re: Getting airsoft guns from the US to the UK... legally

Ah... my bad.

Comment

Originally posted by G33m4N View Post
      i think you may be incorrect on that statment,

Sending personal goods back to the UK from abroad

If you're abroad and you post back personal belongings that you'd originally owned in the UK, you won't have to pay any tax and/or duty unless they are 'excise' goods. Excise goods include alcohol and tobacco and you must pay Excise Duty on them.

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/customs/post/sending.htm

but i would still not want to risk it with my kit, i would just buy a cheap cyma AK to play with while i was over there,
      I stand corrected; though he was buying there and sending here. Doh!
      There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter.

Comment

I have carried air rifles on a plane before as stated earlier ring up the people shes flying with and check what requirements they have ,but as its an air soft its prob just pack it in a locking case not in a state to fire
        if its a gas powered one it has to be uncharged and no pressurised bottles ie no spear gas (green or co2)
        but above all else tell peps before hand what is in the case in advance airline and customs(if it looks brand new it will be taxed on entry to the uk so don't get her to play with it 1st lol )

Comment

Ask your airline not the internet, each company has different policies. When you land in the UK you will need proof of your defence to import and don't forget you may also have duty to pay.
          The laptop is mightier than the pistol.

Comment

So from what I have read... make sure I have UKARA and expect to pay import tax if it looks brand new. There is a part of the law that forbids bringing in firearms.. does this count here?

Comment

It is not a firearm and you do not need to have "UKARA", you need a valid defence that you can prove.
              The laptop is mightier than the pistol.

Comment

If you've already paid the tax take your invoice/receipt with you to prove that if there's any customs issues

Comment

So what would be a valid defence?

Josh

Comment

Are you a member of a skirmish site thats more than just a couple of mates pissing about in the woods, if so ask them nicely to write you a letter with there details and contact details that can be verified by customs etc if necessary. If you have a UKARA number then this will help more so. If you just play Airsoft here there and everywhere you have may have more difficulty as its the going to come down to your word v theirs.

From past experiences of coming through UK customs it all varies, some know exactly what Airsoft is and what to do, some call the firearms team they come in and get excited about how cool they lool, then special branch can end up coming to have look and they declare its nothing to do with them and after all that know one has actually checked anything and your on your way.
                    Really all depends, as an example harbour customs in IE Portsmouth/Poole etc are all pretty cool and know exactly what Airsoft is a you get through in 5 mins. One time in Birmingham we got stuck for nearly 2 hours with them trying to decide.

Last tip, get emails from the airlines in advanced of their policies towards Airsoft and keep those with you for when you check in as you'll get 20 different reasons why you can't travel with them from the check in staff and support teams.
                    "I sincerely hope your next shit is a hedgehog" loki7491
                    Life in the fast lane........
                    sigpic

Comment

as people have said, its perfectly legal to check them in, providing they are locked in a case.
                      Be aware however, that alot of airlines will insist on charging you extra baggage fees! i had to pay an extra $65 coming back from America with a new AEG

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Joshcas 1911s and aks ;) Into website design, airsoft, photography and.. planes If you can't get ahold of me on here for some reason feel free to email me at [email protected] Find out more about Joshcas
                      Working...
                      X