Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which AEG?

Hello fellow Airsofters.

I have set myself a budget of £220 to purchase an AEG.

It would need to include:

A metal gearbox
    A good FPS (300+)
    A battery and charger

Edit: *please read the forum rules regarding discussion of retailers*

Thanks

Re: Which AEG?

Your criteria is very easy to meet, what gets reccomended to most people, is to choose something you like the looks of and then research the brands that make that sort of gun. Be sure to factor magazines a decent charger and battery ( you probably don't want to be using the china ones if yuou get cyma, jg etc) in to your budget.

Comment

Let's get the helpful posts in before the resident trolls show up shall we?

220 is the sweet spot for entry-level AEGs. A wide range of guns meeting your criteria are available, from metal bodied M4s with enough rails to last you a lifetime to every configuration of a G36 there is under the sun (thanks, JG!) to all the AKs you could shake a stick at. These are the three big gun families but if you like something a bit more exotic all you have to do is do your research.

If you want, PM me with some gun types and I'd be happy to fire away some recommendations. I help noobs for a hobby.

Comment

You can get a G&P M4 for that, Probably your best option.

Comment

Going to have to ask - have you already bought the important stuff? Goggles, sturdy set of boots ETC? As important as a gun is, it's not much use with a broken ankle...

If you need to buy the bits listed above, I'd recommend any of the G&G Combat Machine guns. Is there a particular varient you're interested in? For example, an M4 is one of the most moddable platforms, but something like an AUG or P90 is there for the person who wants to field something less common. Then you've got the iconic AK family of guns (IMHO, everyone should own an AK at least one)

Comment

Do you have a Defense?

Comment

Firstly, I'd like to thank everyone who replied and private messaged me, especially CacklingHawk.
              I seriously considered buying the Ares UMP, but with help from CacklingHawk, realised I could get 20x the AEG with the G&G version.

And yeah, I have all the rest of the gear, and now the AEG.

In reponse to Airsoft Leeds, my parent is purchasing it two tone green. Got to obey by the law haha.

So I ended up purchasing the G&G UMP for a bit more, but hey, it's much better. Minus the silly blowback of the Ares and its non-functioning charging handle.
              Nevertheless I am chuffed, so thanks ZeroOne, you have sold me a great AEG!

Why did I get the UMP? Because I am doing mostly CQB with woodland games in the future, and portability and sheer power and strength of the G&G design is something I can't wait to get my hands on.

Edit: P.S: I also bought a ZeroOne patch for my vest to show my support and appreciation

Comment

All you need now is the quick release silencer for your umg . It realy works and muffles the muzzle / sound report a lot .
                Good choice of gun for a starter by the way .
                Also try and find the 100 round classic army mags for it if you can . They feed perfectly in this gun , shame g&g only do 50 rounds or 500 high cap mags for them .

Comment

Originally posted by Stealthkiller View Post
                  shame g&g only do 50 rounds or 500 high cap mags for them .
                  Part of the reason I'm selling my UMG, I'm looking to play at sites that don't allow High-caps and with the size of the mags it wouldn't be practical to buy lots of Low-caps.

Apparently you can mod the Low-caps to hold more, but I can't bothered to make the outlay and hope the mods work ok. The Classic Army Mid-caps are a pain to find as they have been discontinued.

Comment

Peronsonally Id look toward the GG CM range, great guns and once you have your liscense, easy to swap over the green bits for black bits..
                    FOR SALE
                    7" Magpul ERGO free float ris, 7" larue ff ris,
                    , multicam pistol pouch, ACM pistol fast bags.

Comment

g3 then save £800 for upgrades
                      sigpic

Originally posted by Savaged Wolf

Snowdrop - hes quiet but always there ! like a jedi

Comment

I hate these threads -.-
                        sigpic

Comment

Die thread die.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Originally posted by ElZer0 View Post
                            Peronsonally Id look toward the GG CM range, great guns and once you have your liscense, easy to swap over the green bits for black bits..
                            There is no such thing as a ukara licence , liscense or whatever you want to call it ... The ca midcaps are hard to find but still available if you look hard enough . I brought some a couple of months ago and my mate brought 8 of them as well , so definitely out there still

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Working...
                            X