What courier will take airsoft guns?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What courier will take airsoft guns?

Been asked before but theres no definitive answer.

Parcelforce is a no unless I have a licence.. ? I presume this is how retailers get around it.
    Royal mail is a no.

Need to post a fellas gun which I have just sold asap.

Not willing to risk just covering it all and sending it anyway as i know my luck.
    If it gets discovered, I lose the gun & several hundred quid.

Paul

Re: What courier will take airsoft guns?

You have to have a "Licence" to post something?

I wasn't aware of that? However, Royal Mail should be able to sort it for you, as they are obliged to deliver anything as long as it's legal.
    There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Comment

Originally posted by BAMF View Post
      However, Royal Mail should be able to sort it for you, as they are obliged to deliver anything as long as it's legal.
      They hung up on me when I argued that point to them. But they finally conceded when I spoke to their complaints department.

UPS have always been a good one as well.

Sent from my LT30p using Tapatalk 2

Comment

I tried UPS a while back but when they wanted the best part of £80 to deliver my parcel, i told them to piss it up a wall.
        Damn Brad, what else you got hidden in the humvee - a fat chick?

Comment

Did you mention the words "realistic immitation FIREARM" at any point?

Comment

i did not sir! i gave them the weight and dimensions of the box and explained i was sending electric parts because id already been warned against mentioning RIF on the package details. They still wanted 80 quid. I found another courier whose name escapes me but i got it done for less than 20 and with no dramas
            Damn Brad, what else you got hidden in the humvee - a fat chick?

Comment

UK Mail are not so bad... iPost Parcels.

Comment

Was it senditnow.com?

Sent from my phone using my fingers

Comment

From my experiences

Good:
                  Parcelforce / Royal Mail
                  FedEx
                  UPS
                  DPD
                  DHL

Neutral:
                  City Link
                  Hermes

Bad:
                  Yodel
                  Yodel
                  Yodel

Terrible:
                  Yodel

Basically, if you go with Yodel then expect your parcel to be destroyed, glued back together then left to rot in a bush "near your garden".

The good couriers I have never had problems sending RIFs with. I put them down as toy parts and insure them for the correct amount, but I do not mention that it is replica firearm.

Comment

+1 for ipostparcels... Also can do Saturday delivery for +£5 costs around £11 + insurance for an average rifle. Haven't declared them as RIFS in the past, normally sporting goods

Comment

i use collectplus for my deliveries now, tracked and signed for, local shop/spar drop offs, so evening posting available

Comment

They all take sporting goods I use Parcel monkey.
                        For Sale
                        Madbull Landmine / Black Hellstorm Gloves / DPM South African Assault Vest

Comment

Royal Mail will take RIFs but you have to mark them as such and I think put your name and address on the parcel.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowman View Post
                            Royal Mail will take RIFs but you have to mark them as such and I think put your name and address on the parcel.
                            This. Direct from royal mails restricted items for personal use.

Originally posted by Royal Mail
                            Guns for sporting use
                            Guns intended for sporting purposes - including Section 1 (e.g. hunting rifles) and Section 2 (e.g. shotguns) firearms, low-powered air weapons and their component parts - may be sent in compliance with UK law and subject to domestic controls on the possession of firearms. Antiques, deactivated and imitation firearms are also permitted. When sending deactivated firearms include proof of deactivation.
                            Items that appear to be prohibited weapons may be subject to additional checks and delays. Please see www.royalmail.com/prohibitedgoods

Use 1st Class as the minimum service. The sender’s name and address must be clearly visible on the outer packaging.
                            -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
                            -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

be very careful about using royal mail to send guns/parts/accessories, THIS and THIS taken from another forum I am on - basically royal mail are shafting people who are sending these items using their service, in one instance even sending a gun posted to an address in the UK via ireland then "seizing" for destruction as it's an illegal item there

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Hulk_slogan I'm an east londer punker. I enjoy heavy metal music, my mk2.5 focus, hittin the gym and bitches. I like car audio, pizza, and budweiser. I also enjoy a nice pair of titties in my face evening, noon and night. Find out more about Hulk_slogan
                              Working...
                              X