Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• protecting contour head camera

Ordered my new camera today.

Just wondering if anyone can recommend methods of protecting the lens. It will be mounted to the helmet so BB shields are out of the window.

Anyone get any recommendations on how to protect the lens?

Re: protecting contour head camera

get an old flip up cover take off the flip up bit, cut a concave piece of polycarbonate from a set of eye pro to fit inside it an slip it over the end of the camera. You may have to trim the front edge of the rubber as you'll see it at the edge when your recording.

Comment

Speed Airsoft do a custom length rail for ARC helmet rails which fits the contour camera and their bb shield, obviously only helps if you've got a helmet that can take ARC rails.

It's a relatively expensive solution though (£30 for the rail +shield, then the actual camera mount, ARC rails and potentially helmet), it is what I intend on doing though when I can splash out on a lid that's comfy.
      "The only easy day was yesterday"

Originally posted by woody549
      Guns + Booze + Friends + Fun = Winning

Comment

I found someone who makes them on eBay. A rubber sleeve fits over the end and there's a sacrificial lens over the original lens, held tightly by the rubber. It was about a tenner.

Comment

Why bother? A lense kit for the camera is like £25..that comes with 2 lenses..and the chance of your camera getting hit is very slim! Ive had mine for over 4 years now and never has it been shot (knock on wood)
          Assumption is the mother of F*&% Ups!

Comment

Originally posted by Neilfatmonkey View Post
            I found someone who makes them on eBay. A rubber sleeve fits over the end and there's a sacrificial lens over the original lens, held tightly by the rubber. It was about a tenner.
            What was the name for this item?

Comment

Originally posted by dj2l8b View Post
              Why bother? A lense kit for the camera is like £25..that comes with 2 lenses..and the chance of your camera getting hit is very slim! Ive had mine for over 4 years now and never has it been shot (knock on wood)
              As Contour has ceased trading, and doesn't look like it'll be returning anytime soon I'd rather play safe than sorry. Might have a look at these kits though.

Comment

Originally posted by Fenrisianspirit View Post
                As Contour has ceased trading, and doesn't look like it'll be returning anytime soon I'd rather play safe than sorry. Might have a look at these kits though.
                Wow really? Why have they ceased trading? As far as I knew it was one of the most popular cameras out there!

Comment

Contour closed its doors sometime in August, everyone was told to go home. Not heard anything more about it. Hopefully someone will buy them out as I think they're wonderful kit and would like to have continued support (and eventually buy a better model as my headcam and relegate my HD to guncam for two angles) but it doesn't look promising unfortunately.

Comment

Basically they couldn't compete with the likes of gopro, whose marketing budget is more than contour was worth!
                    Imo gopro should buy them, and use their own sensors in them, as theyre better than the contours one, BUT leave the rest as is.
                    -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
                    -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

Explains why they are so cheap online right now!
                      PTS RM4 ERG, ICS MX5 A5 (Tactical Light Handguard), WE SIG P226 E2, WE M1911 MEU, KWA Glock 17, Mauser L96

Comment

Originally posted by jonny lovegrove View Post
                        Basically they couldn't compete with the likes of gopro, whose marketing budget is more than contour was worth!
                        Imo gopro should buy them, and use their own sensors in them, as theyre better than the contours one, BUT leave the rest as is.
                        Don't see that happening.

And GoPros are ugly as sin, horrible profile. :'(

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

markgodley Find out more about markgodley
                        Working...
                        X