Mosfet help, which one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mosfet help, which one?

So Last time I was looking into getting a mosfet the ASCU Gen.3 was the way to go although I heard they had alot of problems but now im reading about other ones like the chimera or stealth? Don't know much about them so what do you all think? advantages, disadvantages, price etc.

And is there anything else needed to upgrade if your going to have a mosfet? I heard i might need a new motor?

I was also wondering how well they fit in M4 stock tubes. I'm using a 7.4V 800mAh 20C lipo and a magpul AR15 collapsible stock but you also have to fit the control unit in there, so i'm guessing i'll get it all in but wont be able to collapse it fully.
    Last edited by Vex; 28 September, 2013, 20:36.
    For Sale
    Madbull Landmine / Black Hellstorm Gloves / DPM South African Assault Vest

Re: Mosfet help, which one?

Depends on what you need it to do, if you want to be able to program it to 3rd burst/bolt lock simulation etc etc then get a fancy one, if not a simple non ab mosfet should suffice.

Comment

Basic plug and play - GATE ones are very well built and they offer a large range, each one with varying functionality.

Trigger board MOSFET systems - You can't do better than BTC at the mo, if you can find one. You shouldn't need any fancy upgrades to go with them either, although a high torque motor, LiPo/LiFe and deans setup is recommended if you want to make the most of the system.

TBH the Gen.2 ASCU's weren't bad but it's not likely you'll find one for sale...
      Last edited by a_flea; 28 September, 2013, 21:15.
      Originally posted by Walter Gropius
      If your contribution has been vital there will always be somebody to pick up where you left off, and that will be your claim to immortality.

Comment

ab mosfet?

Mostly for trigger response. I've always hated having to do long sharp pulls on the trigger and would like it snappy.
        For Sale

Comment

i have gen 2 ascu in 3 of my version 2 gearboxs, and there very good but if i was going to buy another i would get BTC Chimera MK.II for V2 Gearboxes. there made by a company called airlab.

take a look,
          The Airsoft Knowledge Base Project is where we will be building up information, guides, fixes and other Airsoft knowledge.

Comment

I'd like a trigger board one and the Chimera seems the best choice, but will it fit in a collapsible stock tube with my magpul stock or will I have to buy a crane? I usually have mine set to the second knotch from collapsed.
            For Sale

Comment

Plug and play are pointless, they offer very little in the way of advantages, if any so don't bother with them.

I run an ASCU V2 in my H&K416 which is wired to the stock tub. Got a Magpul CTR stock on there. I can fit a 7.4v 1300 mah LiPo and the fire control computer in there. Took a bit of jiggling wires and such the first few times but it does all fit. cannot collapse and lock the stock into the shortest position though, but, for me, thats not an issues and its too short to use there.

The BTC Chimera is probably the best on the market right now. Super powerful and programmable. A good high torque motor will help with trigger response, but its not essential. And you should already be running deans connectors rather than Tamiya....
              sigpic

Currently rocking: Tokyo Marui 416D Recoil Shock and a Tokyo Marui HK45 w/SureFire X300

Comment

Originally posted by G33m4N View Post
                i have gen 2 ascu in 3 of my version 2 gearboxs, and there very good but if i was going to buy another i would get BTC Chimera MK.II for V2 Gearboxes. there made by a company called airlab.

take a look,
                No, they are imported into the UK by them, not made by them. They are made by BTC (Black Talon Concepts).

Vex, do some measuring mate; look at this review, there are some measurements of the external unit in the first post.
                If your contribution has been vital there will always be somebody to pick up where you left off, and that will be your claim to immortality.

Comment

like mr flea says, high tourque, deans/XT60 and a 11.1 lipo help with the trigger response greatly, as would a lower ratio gearset, such as 16:1 or 14/13:1 although with the mosfet by itself you will notice a small increase in trigger response. AB means active breaking basically it reverses the direction of the motor (which quite a few, self included don't think are a good idea.) for reference in my builds I use an airlab basic mosfet which costs £11 and not run in to any problems with it yet!

Comment

Originally posted by a_flea View Post
                    No, they are imported into the UK by them, not made by them. They are made by BTC (Black Talon Concepts).
                    OHHHH wheres me handbag......I stand corrected.
                    The Airsoft Knowledge Base Project is where we will be building up information, guides, fixes and other Airsoft knowledge.

Comment

Thanks i'll take a look at that review and check the measurements. I already use deans, they're the first thing I change on a new aeg. I'll probably get the Chimera and try it without a high torque.

Can the anti reverse latch be removed with the Chimera? it just says under certain circumstances it can.
                      For Sale

Comment

Depends on the motor and setup (spring/gear ratio), if it's not up to it then you will know as soon as you pull the trigger. I kept my ARL in, no reason to remove it really...

Comment

Originally posted by Vex View Post
                          Thanks i'll take a look at that review and check the measurements. I already use deans, they're the first thing I change on a new aeg. I'll probably get the Chimera and try it without a high torque.

Can the anti reverse latch be removed with the Chimera? it just says under certain circumstances it can.
                          as far as i was aware yes it can,what are the special circumstances btw

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Vex View Post
                          I'd like a trigger board one and the Chimera seems the best choice, but will it fit in a collapsible stock tube with my magpul stock or will I have to buy a crane? I usually have mine set to the second knotch from collapsed.
                          well if you can wait,and your stock tube will be an issue then id recommend the stealth,the best all in one and its gonna be the mutts nuts
                          VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
                          trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

Originally posted by sparrowhawk View Post
                            as far as i was aware yes it can,what are the special circumstances btw

- - - Updated - - -

well if you can wait,and your stock tube will be an issue then id recommend the stealth,the best all in one and its gonna be the mutts nuts
                            Whats the release date for the stealth? And what makes it better? Smaller?
                            For Sale

Comment

It has ALL the circuitry on the trigger board, only supposed compromise is the size of the MOSFETs themselves...

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Vex Find out more about Vex
                              Working...
                              X