• UMP Advice

Which is the best UMP to get hold of?

Thoughts and observations please?

Cheers

Mark

Re: UMP Advice

For realism and trades? Ares.

For usability? G&G.
    There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Comment

And definitely avoid the UMAREX sportline version.

Comment

I can vouch for the G&G one, very impressive gun.

Comment

G&g for reliability , range , accuracy . Only downsides are mags . 50 or 500 round are all that's available . Unless you source the hard to find ca 100 round midcaps. . The silencer really suppresses this gun and its a quick release variant .
          A genuinely hard wearing and near nigh indestructable gun .gen 2 has a fast rate of fire but gen 1 can match it on an 11.1 volt battery . Very strong internals on these guns .

Comment

Originally posted by Coz View Post
            And definitely avoid the UMAREX sportline version.
            Hm, I don't see why. I thought the gun was plenty nice when I handled it. Any longstanding issues?

Comment

Have to agree, I thought the Umarex version looked good. Having had an Ares myself I thought the Umarex one wasn't as bad as I had been told.
              sigpic

Comment

This review put me right off,i was looking for a replacement for the DE i stupidly traded.and lets face it, if it didn't have UMAREX splattered all over it then it would be a £90 gun http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...N2yrk8ms#t=103

Comment

The umarex sportline is manufactured by S&t . So it will be ares type internals . Going by S&t previous manufactured guns , remade tavor. , g36 etc . It will be like ares minus the qc and decent plastics . So all the faults of the ares ump but in a nastier and cheaper finished package . Plastic mag release !!! Fail !
                  Last edited by Stealthkiller; 1 October, 2013, 21:13.

Comment

Yeah that Umarex one looks nasty, go for the G&G, I would never trust ARES internals.
                    - GHK AK74MN - GHK AUG A1 - Secutor Gladius 17 - WE MG36 HPA -

Comment

G&G or nothing. The others aren't made for pro's.

Comment

Originally posted by Scotty H View Post
                        G&G or nothing. The others aren't made for pro's.
                        I didn't realise there were any "Pro's" (sic) in the game of airsoft? Mind you, there was that guy the other week, but he was more of an "Experienced airsofter" than a Pro?
                        There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Comment

No need to be pedantic. I meant if you want to be the best you can then you want top tech not sportline etc

Comment

Apologies for presenting as a pedant, it's just a thing I do.

There's no such thing as a top tech UMG though? By the common definition of "Sportline" then a UMP/UMG would fall into the category, as it's a polymer build.

Comment

And G&G offers that?
                              The best of the best?
                              Makes you the best?

Huh, Ive been missing a trick.
                              section 24 of the 1968 Act
                              Supplying imitation firearms to minors
                              1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                              2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

The colonel Find out more about The colonel
                              Working...
                              X