This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it just me...? (Sales threads...)

... Is it just me or is anyone else a little put off by sales threads for guns started on Saturday/Sunday nights?

I'll admit to this, I've posted guns up for sale after a skirmish because I didn't get on with it or it didn't perform as well as I thought it could. So it's only natural that I assume everyone else does this?

Please tell me I'm not the only one that thinks this?

(Not knocking any sales threads by the way!)
    The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine. - Abraham Lincoln

Re: Is it just me...? (Sales threads...)

Many people only get the opportunity to list their items of a weekend. What cheeses me off immensely is the complete lack of pictures still occurring on gun sales threads. There's a big yellow banner constantly at the top of the screen FFS!
    There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Comment

Pictures are a big pet peeve of mine. I do my best with poor lighting etc... But some people really make no effort.

(I was going to list one of my guns tonight that I never use... The realised what I've just posted!)

Also... You have a PM inbound.
      The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

The one real concern in sales threads and I know it's probably done in good faith, is the words 'sold as seen' 'I will not accept refunds' as much as there needs to be protection for people selling their RIF's, it does worry me that people may well be selling faulty guns and trying to get one up on the buyer. In most cases it's probably fine but it does play on your mind a little.

Comment

For me its the people with 1 post and who joined 10 minutes previously selling RARE, Hard to find!!!1111!!! guns for slightly over new prices or way too cheap.
          Originally posted by tackle
          For the haters who feel that bamf, & others, are picking on you, GROW THE FUCK UP, their actually trying to stop you destroying our sport or having even more draconian measures foisted upon us.

Comment

I like to put a lot of effort into my sales threads, I'm going to put one up tomorrow at peak time. I think it's more of a case of, people have time at the weekend to make a well organised sales thread with pictures.

Lack of pictures is very annoying though..
            IF YOU HAVE ANY L7A2 GPMG PARTS FOR SALE PLEASE MESSAGE ME

Comment

It is annoying. That's why it's now a forum rule.

Soon, as per the great yellow banner in the sky, all sales listings will have to have the seller's forum name within a picture too. This is a step the majority of us applaud, but is a little bit late for the likes of Loki and Sean and Psirus.

Many fought for it, some have fallen on their swords for it. We should all welcome it.
              There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Comment

Originally posted by BAMF View Post
                Many people only get the opportunity to list their items of a weekend. What cheeses me off immensely is the complete lack of pictures still occurring on gun sales threads. There's a big yellow banner constantly at the top of the screen FFS!
                To be fair, I on my mobile 99% of the time on here and although I always add photos, on the Tapatalk app you can't see the banner

Sent from the toilet whilst having a dump

Comment

I like how the forum admin put the big yellow banner up saying about the pictures but do nothing to enforce it.
                  If god was an AEG, i have owned him at some point....

MB

Comment

The whole sold as seen thing doesn't really work with online sales as its not really seen you're seeing pictures as pictures could be misleading

As for people putting stuff up for sale sat or sun night is probably because thats when people are free
                    Fire Team Zulu
                    Find us on FaceBook - Fire Team Zulu Airsoft
                    http://www.facebook.com/fireteamzuluairsoft

Comment

Originally posted by BAMF View Post
                      It is annoying. That's why it's now a forum rule.

Soon, as per the great yellow banner in the sky, all sales listings will have to have the seller's forum name within a picture too. This is a step the majority of us applaud, but is a little bit late for the likes of Loki and Sean and Psirus.

Many fought for it, some have fallen on their swords for it. We should all welcome it.
                      Psirus and Loki got banned?!

Comment

And Sean

Comment

Originally posted by Jez@Elite View Post
                          And Sean

I knew about Sean, had no idea those two were as well. What a scandal!

Comment

Best keep your voice down, you could be next!

Comment

Originally posted by fubar View Post
                              I like how the forum admin put the big yellow banner up saying about the pictures but do nothing to enforce it.
                              Not true,

Bamf etc regularly report such things, and they are removed as soon as. Infractions follow.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

helpimonfire I like cars and guns. And wimmins. And expensive hobbies. I suppose it all goes hand in hand there.. Find out more about helpimonfire
                              Working...
                              X