Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fps readings with .25's?

Hi guys,

I chrono'd my rifle the other day but I only have .25's - I didn't really think about it until afterwards.

So my question - if my rifle is shooting 310fps with .25's, what would it be doing with .2's?

I'm sure this is simple maths for some on here?

Cheers
    Andy
    Originally posted by Coz
    Holds gun like a super sniper pro......Cries when wind blows his BB off course.
    http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...iping-tactics- sniping tactics thread.

Re: Fps readings with .25's?

347FPS, by my calculation.

Comment

Approx 345 fps on .20. There's a couple good apps for your phone's that can convert fps for you. Hope this helps.

Comment

around 340 - 350, as long as you're using electric/spring

Comment

You can never be 100% sure. You should crono on .2's

Comment

IMO, with M4 length barrels, it's around a 40 FPS difference between 0.2's and 0.25s. Some guns it will be more, others less. But generally, if its doing 300 FPS on 0.25's, it will be circa 340 FPS. You should be under the 350 mark though
            sigpic

Currently rocking: Tokyo Marui 416D Recoil Shock and a Tokyo Marui HK45 w/SureFire X300

Comment

Originally posted by Abbadon101 View Post
              You can never be 100% sure. You should crono on .2's
              This is the truth. When you're this close to the 350fps limit imposed by most sites, you should chrono on 0.20g BBs just to be sure. That said, the problem (energy creep) is 'the other way' (heavier BBs gain, lighter BBs lose), so the FPS with .20s is likely to be lower than projected rather than higher.

Comment

Actually closer to 30 on AEGs.
                On compressed gas rifs, throw that out the window however. Long story short. Chrono on .2
                -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
                -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

It really is a 'chrono on the right weight' issue.

Even those chronos that supposedly convert the readings from a .25 to what they would be if a .2 are not that accurate.

'FireKnife'
                  68 Pistols and counting in over 8 years of airsoft.
                  Got a spare 10mins or are bored? Check out my film reviews: http://200filmsbeforeyoudie.wordpress.com

Comment

Yeah like what has already been said, just grab yourself a bottle/bag of .2's just for chrono, I never skirmish with .2's but I make sure I have some at home with my chrono so after upgrading/downgrading I can always check before the game.
                    sigpic

Comment

Get a cheap mid or low cap, load it with .2s, label it 'for crono use'.
                      Some sites have mags with 20s pre loaded, others give you a handful, more just trust you use .20s.
                      I always have a mag on standby for crono.
                      section 24 of the 1968 Act
                      Supplying imitation firearms to minors
                      1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                      2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

You'd think it would be a simple conversion. A 0.25gram BB, travelling at a given speed has a given amount of energy (calculated using the trusty KE=1/2.M.V^2 formula). So you can work it back form that to work out what velocity a 0.2 gram BB would need to reach the same energy. Whilst this is true, it doesn't necessarily follow that any particular gun will propel different weight BB's with the same amount of energy (in fact it's fairly certain that they won't) so chronoing with a 0.25 won't give you a reliable indication of the velocity that will be achieved with a 0.2!

The only way to know what it will chrono with a 0.20 is to chrono it with a 0.20!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Lt. Macka A work offshore in the North Sea. Depending on Internet connection and how busy I am, I'm typically more active on the forums when I'm away offshore. When I'm ashore I'm generally busy with various hobbies. Find out more about Lt. Macka
                        Working...
                        X