Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• m14 upgrades and advice

hey all

sorry if this i been done before but just looking at upgrades for my cyma m14. prefrable externals rather then internal (works fine for me.)

funky stock, rails, ris ect something to make it unike.
    just havent got a clue what to look for or were so looking for advice and oppinions
    check these out, my kind of taste to give you a idead

thanks all
    Theo
    sigpic

Re: m14 upgrades and advice

ive recently done some cosmetic stuff to mine, check out the photos on my profile. which m14 do you have? The voltor type stocks will be problematic, to achieve the 'sage'/ebr look you will need a kit- G+P make a few. there are a couple of different rail types; one that covers only the top half of the rifle with 3 rails, and one that also partially covers the underside (4 rails) both are made by such manufacturers as KA, CYMA ect.

the cyma versions are good value, but it depends how much you can afford. all my gear is cheap as i am relatively poor

Search ' airsoft custom m14' in google and look at the pages which belong to the pics you like. often it will lead you to the parts.
    sigpic

Comment

thanks for that, its a cyma full length. will def try check out some kits. and do a little search. supose theres no way of getting a retractable stock on a airsoft m14
      thanks
      sigpic

Comment

I would say just a real wood stock, harris bipod, scope (maybe a RAS) and you're done

Not very unique but it doesn't ruin a very nice-looking rifle by getting 'pimped' (it's not an armalite).

But if you like a more modern (and unique look i suppose) then an EBR is probably you're best bet. With the EBR kit you'll be able to customise to your heart's content

Comment

i have a tm m14 with vfc ris and love it, am currently selling my ebr atm as i prefer the standard one, have to agree with marui man, keep it simple and there fantastic shooters, or buy and ebr and pimp it as much as you want :P

Comment

one thing i found really handy is to rethread the wires through the upper portion of the stock, then buy a conversion lead for a couple of ££'s and you can fit a large battery. It really is an epic gun. Also you could add a strap on cheek pad or ammo pouch. You can also solve the movement in the stock hicap with leccy' tape. Marui mags fit better as they are a tad wider.
            sigpic

Comment

If you are interested in internal upgrades, a Tanio Koba Twist barrel and Marui hop rubber would make upgraded bolt action rifle users jealous. These aren't necessary mind you - the Cyma M14 shoots decently enough stock.

Comment

Yeah come to think your right dude, going to keep it as it is mainly, still like the thought of a ris so will look into that. Wanted to get the socom front end if I can find one then a sliencer over the full length barel and then I would have the rifle I want. Look better me thinks but still have the full barel I prefer. Going to give it a good clean and see what I can do next sat, see if I can clear the village from the other end of twa lol.
                Thoughts on the front end ?
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mrt88 View Post
                  Yeah come to think your right dude, going to keep it as it is mainly, still like the thought of a ris so will look into that. Wanted to get the socom front end if I can find one then a sliencer over the full length barel and then I would have the rifle I want. Look better me thinks but still have the full barel I prefer. Going to give it a good clean and see what I can do next sat, see if I can clear the village from the other end of twa lol.
                  Thoughts on the front end ?
                  SOCOM front end with a silencer does look good. However I think the full length does as well lol.

My mate has a spare SOCOM barrel and front sight/flash hider from his spring M14. I'll check whether it'll fit an AEG.

I tried shooting the whole length of the village (green building to far white building). Failed epically (quite windy). I managed to get a few shots at the church though

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Mrt88 skirmishing around the country: Stafford, Stoke, London Find out more about Mrt88
                  Working...
                  X