Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is an 11.1 lipo safe in my setup?

Howdy!

im currently running a G&P Sentry with a systema turbo box and motor set.

Just want to double check if it will be sound to run a 30c 11.1, ROF is already nice on a 7.4 but i want MORE!!

Re: Is an 11.1 lipo safe in my setup?

It might last a while, though I doubt it tbh.
    Not been impressed from what i've seen with the systema gearboxes.
    If it's shimmed perfectly, aoe is spot on, and you've got a mosfet in there, then yes it should last a while.
    Anything less though and it will go to town in short order.
    G&P SR-15-URX / HK416 Frakenstein build / CYMA MP5K ctr stocked cqb goodness / CYMA CM048 ak74
    -----Broken/project guns wanted-----

Comment

it came with it and i have no complaints, what dont you like about them?

shimmed and AOE is sound, havent got a mosfet yet though thats next on the list,

Comment

You're gonna need a MOSFET for sure or I reckon something will go wrong very quickly. I've heard very mixed reviews of systema gearboxes too and I know for a fact that their motors are crap.
        If I were you I would stick with a 7.4 lipo as I personally wouldn't see an 11.1 as a huge gain, I mean ROF and trigger response would be great, but there could be more serious implications. It may be more trouble than it's worth...

Comment

...Or you can go with a 9.9v 20 or 25C LiFe battery because they're so much more awesome and less dangerous. It'll give a better ROF than the 7.4 but not as damaging as the 11.1.

Comment

I have a systema motor, ie the Magnum AEG one (not the PTW version which were very expensive and very pap), never had an issue with the magnum, its been going strong for 2-3 years.

However, most systema components Ive found through experience are overpriced and tend to fail.
            Premade systema gearboxes are also very very overpriced and readily turn themselves into clockwork IEDs.
            I personally dont rate them at all, Ive seen too many fail and had to repair too many to like them.

As it stands, the setup you have on paper seems ok, its wether it has been setup perfectly and wether the components hold up.

Please for the love of god, will people stop saying or hinting the 'GAH, LIPO AM NUCLEAR BOMB THAT WILL EXPLODES FOR NO REASON' crapola.
            The LiFe batteries are good but they have capacity issues, cost a lot more and tend to 'soft start'.
            section 24 of the 1968 Act
            Supplying imitation firearms to minors
            1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
            2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

tbf i may pull it out and sell it then lol, bang a g&p back in it.

good shout on the liFe, didnt even thing about that.

Comment

Originally posted by seansamurai1 View Post
                Please for the love of god, will people stop saying or hinting the 'GAH, LIPO AM NUCLEAR BOMB THAT WILL EXPLODES FOR NO REASON' crapola.
                The LiFe batteries are good but they have capacity issues, cost a lot more and tend to 'soft start'.
                I missed the part where I said that. I'm not saying LiPos explode spontaneously, but if they do short/go flat/overcharge their combustion creates some incredibly toxic smoke and the reaction will burn most things pretty well. If a LiFe battery were to short and rupture, it only gives out oxygen and leaves a ferrous residue. In case you missed it, the highlighted "IFs" mean that I'm talking hypothetically and not saying that this is the imminent outcome of owning said battery. To ignore the risks of anything that can be destructive is down right stupid.

LiFe and LiPo both have individual benefits, but I mentioned LiFe specifically because it fits the OP's needs.

I've never understood how people can get so rage induced over a battery. We're talking about a battery for a toy gun. It's like the NiMh threads back in 2010. It was pathetic then and it still is now.

I think you should have realised by now Sean that I don't care much for people's view of me on here. But I'm not a moron and any sweeping statements such as that would only be made to wind people up, or I just wouldn't say it.
                Last edited by RedHawk; 6 October, 2013, 23:54.

Comment

Why has everyone got an overwhelming desire to go 11.1 lipo . In the right setup they are good , but in the wrong one they will munch your trigger contacts accelerate wear in your internals and happily munch your gearbox .
                  A MOSFET is a neccesity unless you like changing trigger contacts in a regular basis .
                  A decent motor on a 7.4 with high speed gear setup will match if not beat a rubbish motor on an 11.1 setup .
                  Life battery's have many advantages over lipo if you have the extra space to fit them in your gun , but due to their different characteristics they give a small loss in torque / trigger response when compared to lipo , run times are a bit longer though . The other problem often overlooked when using an 11.1 is feeding or failure of magazines to keep up with the guns demand . Also ammo consumption , as you will need to carry more mags and spend more on bbs , is it really worth it . ?

Comment

Oh yeah also forgot to mention that you could actually end up with double firing. I have a g&g top tech gen 3 and on the box it says its apparently '11.1 lipo ready' but can cause the gun to double fire on semi.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

BigZee87 Find out more about BigZee87
                    Working...
                    X