Police turned up at a private game...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Police turned up at a private game...

This might be of interest to the forum...

Was playing at a good friend's place at the weekend. It's his back garden, about 3 acres, loads of natural cover, a river running through it, bridge, we've built a bunker area, watch tower. A really nice little play area. A good giggle with mates, have the kids over, can get a camp fire going, a few beers and shoot each each other.

Only slight problem is there's a public right of way running through it. My friend took legal advice and he was told as long as we don't shoot over the public right of way when people are walking over it it's fine. We call time out when people approach, guns down, masks off and greet them. All good and we could be doing something really dangerous like playing golf.

Cutting a long story short, a neighbor called the police (i think there's some previous disagreement so he was probably looking for a reason to cause trouble) and we got a visit from the old bill who were greeted at the door by a camo clad airsofter. The old bill were very polite and seemed rather embarrassed about the situation. They said they have no problem with us doing it but had to pay us a visit as they had had a complaint 2 hours ago. They said please just try to avoid shooting at people and try to make sure the BBs don't fly over the river onto a neighbors property. "Just be aware" they said.

10/10 for the local constabulary, a very good attitude as they probably could have caused all sorts of problems.
    “If it means interfering in an ensconced, outdated system, to help just one woman, man or child…I’m willing to accept the consequences.” -Wonder Woman #170

Re: Police turned up at a private game...

This is the good type of story involving airsoft I like to hear,my personal experience with the police is pretty much the same as long as your not being irresponsible they are very good.

Comment

Nice to know the police did not over react in this situation , but they could have got shirty and asked for your public liability insurance proof , especialy if you have a public right if way through where you play . By law you are not allowed to discharge any air weopon within 50 ( if I remember correctly ) foot of any public highway or byway .

Comment

can i be your friend, i like beer and shooting people too
        VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
        trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

You should be thankful your mate's neighbour isn't as spiteful as this busybody recently:

http://abovethelaw.com/2013/09/schoo...heir-own-yard/
          There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Comment

Originally posted by BAMF View Post
            You should be thankful your mate's neighbour isn't as spiteful as this busybody recently:

http://abovethelaw.com/2013/09/schoo...heir-own-yard/
            That's in america?
            “If it means interfering in an ensconced, outdated system, to help just one woman, man or child…I’m willing to accept the consequences.” -Wonder Woman #170

Comment

Originally posted by Trouble View Post
              That's in america?
              Correct, but imagine if your chum's neighbour felt as "Uncomfortable" as that interfering trout?
              There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Comment

I had the neighbour report me once for firing my WE EBR in my backyard. This particular neighbour reported me when he saw me from his bedroom, and I had the fuzz pop round to my house. He was very good, and was even interested in the rifle itself! Just gave me a friendly reminder to be aware that others can see me from my backyard and that they may not necessarily know it's a toy. He also said that if I ever used it in a way that could be seen as threatening, they had the right to seize it!

Comment

Interpreted as threatening can mean many things to many people . Aiming at a neighbours house / window could be construed as threatening .
                  Even standing in your own living room with your gun visible to anyone walking past could also be an issue . But if bbs travel off your premises into a complaining neighbours premises or onto public Land you could be in trouble with the authorities , depends massively on how far the complainant wants to push it , and how many complaints the police recieve .

Comment

Originally posted by Stealthkiller View Post
                    Interpreted as threatening can mean many things to many people . Aiming at a neighbours house / window could be construed as threatening...
                    Not to detract from people being overly sensitive, but if you're aiming at someone else house or window then you're doing something wrong.

Comment

Interpreted as threatening can mean many things to many people . Aiming at a neighbours house / window could be construed as threatening .
                      Even standing in your own living room with your gun visible to anyone walking past could also be an issue . But if bbs travel off your premises into a complaining neighbours premises or onto public Land you could be in trouble with the authorities , depends massively on how far the complainant wants to push it , and how many complaints the police recieve .
                      I was just shooting at a target in my garden, and they must have heard the shots and looked out. The reason they called the police was because they thought it was a real firearm. As soon as they found out it was a toy, they were okay with it, And I haven't had any complaints since!

Comment

its normally a good idea to let the neighbours know that you are into airsoft
                        VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
                        trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

Nice to know the police did not over react in this situation , but they could have got shirty and asked for your public liability insurance proof , especialy if you have a public right if way through where you play . By law you are not allowed to discharge any air weopon within 50 ( if I remember correctly ) foot of any public highway or byway .
                          An air weapon yes but if I remember correctly an airsoft Rif is not classified as an air weapon if they were we would not be allowed to skirmish with them due to it being an offence to shoot someone with an air weapon

Comment

A guy my brother works with came round once and wanted to have a go with his XCR, he said ok just shoot the fence. After a few shots he must have thought hurr durr and started shooting it over the fence at the house and road behind. Both our faces dropped and snatched the gun from him. F***ing idiot. If he ever asks to go on a skirmish with us i wont associate myself with him.
                            For Sale
                            Madbull Landmine / Black Hellstorm Gloves / DPM South African Assault Vest

Comment

projectile laws still apply. my neighbors don even bat an eyelid, so thats good!
                              -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
                              -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Trouble Find out more about Trouble
                              Working...
                              X