Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post Office

Hi,

Just tried to return a gun for repair and the Post Office refused to accept it. They claim that this is due to their new rules and wont accept guns (even though I explained what I was returning) in the mail.

Is this just my Post Office being jobs worths?

Re: Post Office

Nope, royal fail have changed their rules completely, 'apparently' everything now gets scanned, which I don't believe, and if they dream it to need opening they will and if they're not satisfied with what's inside then they have the right to destroy it!

Absolutely pathetic in my mind as what we have are essentially toys, it's going to get to a point where unless you are a retailer with a big courier account we are not going to be able to send anything anywhere
    And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

Comment

Been this way for a while. At least over a year. Your smaller courier companies might still take it but more importantly are more likely to get it there looking like what it looked like before.
      Originally posted by B.E.N.
      Dude, that's like saying you wish you still had pictures of Monica Lewinsky sucking Bill Clinton's dick...

Comment

UK law states that they aren't allowed to refuse anything that is legal to own. There are exceptions such as combustibles though.

Had an argument with a jobsworth who even claimed they won't even allow waterpistols.

Sent from my LT30p using Tapatalk now Free

Comment

Actually under the new system if it is for 'sporting purposes, or low powered air weapons including airsoft' then they have to accept it but you have to state on the box what it is and give a return address.

''Guns intended for sporting purposes - including Section 1 (e.g. hunting rifles) and Section 2 (e.g. shotguns) firearms, low-powered air weapons and their component parts - may be sent in compliance with UK law and subject to domestic controls on the possession of firearms. Antiques, deactivated and imitation firearms are also permitted. When sending deactivated firearms include proof of deactivation.'' Taken from the Royal Mail website directly and it includes imitation firearms and low powered air weapons both of which could constitute airsoft. http://www.royalmail.com/personal/he...stricted-Goods

Next time ask for a Restricted Goods leaflet, if they say no ask to speak to the Postmaster or Sub-postmaster. If they still refuse then take it further. No point in having guidelines if they don't actually bother to stick to them.

'FireKnife'
          68 Pistols and counting in over 8 years of airsoft.
          Got a spare 10mins or are bored? Check out my film reviews: http://200filmsbeforeyoudie.wordpress.com

Comment

A water pistol . Toy gun ( non firing ) if not brightly coloured , unrealistic sized is still classified as a rif. .so illegal to sell to an under 18 or import / export

Comment

Originally posted by Stealthkiller View Post
              A water pistol . Toy gun ( non firing ) if not brightly coloured , unrealistic sized is still classified as a rif. .so illegal to sell to an under 18 or import / export
              Bore off. What water pistol isn't brightly coloured, also, what is your post actually contributing? Other than reminding us of the VCRA.

As said above, I've had trouble, as soon as they hear "gun" they start saying no, despite not actually having a clue about the regulations they have to follow. A printout from their website should set them straight.
              Buy my stuff!

Comment

Originally posted by Phatvortex View Post
                Bore off. What water pistol isn't brightly coloured, also, what is your post actually contributing? Other than reminding us of the vcra
                Water pistols used to come realistically sized , coloured and still pop up for sale , as do realistic toy guns as covered in a thread on this very forum. , maybe you are not old enough to remember them .?
                As for reminding you of the vcra , it is these laws that the post office are using , rightfully or wrongfully to refuse the carriage of rifs , particular toys ( water pistols ) so my comments are very valid . So bore off yourself !

Comment

It's a tricky one, going to take someone to read through their small print. Gun parts are allowed through post, had real steal stuff over from USA and that is going through two lots of border scanners/scrutiny. Maybe that's the answer, say they are the sum of parts for a rifle. Not ideal I know
                  sigpic
                  "And this is why a two finger tap on the shoulder will suffice"

Comment

Royal Mail accept it as long as there is a return address and its declared.
                    Falls under low powered air weapon.
                    That's the latest rules, I've just sent 3 pistols via them.
                    There is a leaflet available explaining the new rules.
                    section 24 of the 1968 Act
                    Supplying imitation firearms to minors
                    1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                    2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

As above, they do accept airsoft guns, as it says in the leaflet they ask you to read. However I would avoid them at all costs unless you like paying over the odds to have your parcel lost...

Comment

Originally posted by seansamurai1 View Post
                        Royal Mail accept it as long as there is a return address and its declared.
                        Falls under low powered air weapon.
                        That's the latest rules, I've just sent 3 pistols via them.
                        There is a leaflet available explaining the new rules.
                        try telling that to my local post office.
                        Took them 10 mins of reading a variety of bits of paper to tell me they wouldn't accept it, while waving the "dangerous cargo" list (that doesn't mention air weapons at all, it's all worried with flammables, radioactive stuff etc)
                        Lucky we've got another post office fairly near, or I'd be screwed. they didn't even ask what was in it, and it arrived just fine.
                        Not actually a builder
                        Not actually called Bob.

Comment

I have always sent via Hermes or Royal Mail and never had any problems
                          "Being offended provides no objective indication of "right" & "wrong". It's nothing more than a barometer of your own emotional control."- Ricky Gervais

Comment

Originally posted by Stealthkiller View Post
                            Water pistols used to come realistically sized , coloured and still pop up for sale , as do realistic toy guns as covered in a thread on this very forum. , maybe you are not old enough to remember them .?
                            As for reminding you of the vcra , it is these laws that the post office are using , rightfully or wrongfully to refuse the carriage of rifs , particular toys ( water pistols ) so my comments are very valid . So bore off yourself !
                            You're telling me that realistic water pistols, which I'm not old enough to remember are relevant to a 2006 act of parliament. No.

Since when did the VCRA deal with the postage of low powered air weapons?

Your pseudo lawyer shite is at best ruining fun threads, and at worst incorrect.
                            Buy my stuff!

Comment

Anything that is realistic in look can't be considered a RIF.
                              So yeah, a realistic looking water pistol can and does fall under the VCRA (violent crimes reduction act).
                              A common case down my way is 'run to the sun' and super soakers filled with vinegar or lemon juice, many arrests and confiscations have been made under the VCRA ruling.

Parcel forces new rules are written to directly relate to the VCRA.
                              section 24 of the 1968 Act
                              Supplying imitation firearms to minors
                              1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                              2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

The Hidden One Find out more about The Hidden One
                              Working...
                              X