New G&G AK range

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New G&G AK range

Hi everyone, I've been looking at getting possibly two AK's, totally fed up with M4's. Anyway, I have been looking at the new G&G range of AK's, as I have had a few of their top tech range of guns, and have always been pleased with their performance, my eye fell on the new ones that come with the 11.1 lipo batteries built into the hand guard. I rather fancied the 74u model, however, I can't really find a good review of one from the UK, apart from YouTube, and they are from American retailers mostly, to which I don't apply much importance.
    I was rather hopping that someone from the forum had personnel experience of owning one, and would kindly share their opinions.

Thanks

Taff

Re: New G&G AK range

The g&g ak ( new range ) use lct externals and g&g internals . Very nicely finished externally , they have 6.03 tb and green hop as standard . I am a bit put off by the addition of 11.1 lipo power with no form of MOSFET fitted to preserve trigger contact life . Of the range the non blowback standard battery ak74 su is definitly the nicest model . With none of the foibles of the 11.1 handgrip models. . The only lemon seems to be the one badly designed gun of the range . Not sure of its model designation but is the one with the down wards facing wooden front grip. Mag release / insertion is seriously hampered due to its lack of clearance between mag and foregrip , the mag actualy has to be forced / manoeuvred past the grip to insert it .
    The integrated battery's are removable in much the same way as the mp5 foregrip model . With a bit of modding of wiring , contacts . The use of normal battery's is possible .
    As said by the op . Shooting / owners reveiws are scarce on the ground .

Comment

Many thanks for the heads up mate , its very much appreciated.

Sent from my e1909l_v77_gq1008_a41_v20 using Tapatalk now Free

Comment

I started a similar thread a couple of days ago, as I had decided to get an AK at some point too, and the G&G AKS74U had taken my fancy. People on here were very helpful, but no-one had used one, so I went to my local retailer and they let me test fire one. It's far from a fully informed opinion as I only put a mag through it, but it had a great rate of fire and felt and sounded meaty. It fed flawlessly. Their AKS74U had the battery in the receiver though. He said that model was the only one not to have the integrated battery in the foregrip. I am happy to say that I will be picking one up as soon as I free up some cash.

Comment

I have had a word with a local retailer friend and hopefully a full in depth reveiw of the g&g new ak guns internaly and externally will be put together and put on the net in the very near future . Have told them of the lack of information regarding these guns and their performance .

Comment

I would stay clear of the 11.1v LiPo handguard versions as they cycle too fast and have major feeding issues as well as double/tripple tapping on single shot, which may sound cool, but would certainly result in potential issues down the line.

Comment

They suffer with overspin the same as the gen 2 top techs did when 11.1 power was used . a MOSFET or motor downgrade solves the overspin problem easily enough , as it did with the gen 2 range of guns , the gen 3 all have a MOSFET to solve this issue .
              The ak74 su feeds perfectly on a 7.4 lipo but would probably have the same overspin problem if you used an 11.1 in it .
              They all use the same new high torque motors and upgraded tt wiring . And all share the same magazines hop units . Even the mp5 foregrip model had this problem when it was first released .
              Most reputable retailers will solve the issues before selling them to the public . They can easily be converted to use aftermarket battery's anyway so not a major problem . I would not want to use an. 11.1 on a gun with no MOSFET due to accelerated trigger contact wear. . I can see g &g fitting mosfets as standard on the next batch !

Comment

The overspin issue was present in the GK5 too, (which also has a V3 box from memory?)... We did a full strip down on one of those and when it was bought down to sensible limits, single shot was impossible, even on a 7.4v. G&G seemed to not really be all that receptive to the idea, but it was fixed by using a different motor. Unlike many of their M4s or V2 based guns, the V3 stuff seems to be less well specified to the UK market and G&G haven't but quite the same effort into tailoring them.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Taff Find out more about Taff
                Working...
                X