Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paypal & bad seller issues

Hi,

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but hey ho, help needed.

So, I bought an AEG from another forum just under two weeks ago for £90. I still haven't received. He tells me he has sent it, but seems unwilling to show me evidence. I don't mind waiting, but I get a sense that this guy is either a petty theft or an incompetent.

What's weird is that I located him on another forum (Marrs Airsoft) and he has given a wealth of personal information. Pretty sloppy for a petty theft. Then again, he might just be an idiot.

Could it really take 2 weeks for something to arrive? I paid with Paypal "gift," so can't instigate a dispute. But I'm happy to pursue other methods of recovery. Anyone got any advice?

Thanks.
    Last edited by Sci Fi Steve; 26 March, 2009, 09:59. Reason: Language

Re: Paypal & bad seller issues

TBH 2 weeks postage is a long time it should be with you
    he could have posted it to the wrong address or it could have been lost in the post

he would have to be a muppet to put his details up if he is going to steal.

Comment

Well, I can't actually tell if its lost, since he's yet to give me the evidence that it's actually been sent! Surely if you something had gone astray then you want to reassure the buyer it was actually on the way. Instead, I see him messaging other people and ignoring my messages.
      Last edited by Sci Fi Steve; 26 March, 2009, 09:56. Reason: language

Comment

Gift???? ouch...read the thread on here about trading issues....stay away from gifts as i have found out in the past, did he want you to send it as a gift??...mark
        Warrior L96
        TM FULL STOCK M4 s-system
        A&K M249 para
        WE High Capa 5.1 GBB

Trade feedback http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7927

Comment

welll is he still talking to you? if he isnt then it probably means he has set up an acount and buggered of with your £90

it is probably lost in the post. it happens.

Comment

Originally posted by sniperiain View Post
            welll is he still talking to you? if he isnt then it probably means he has set up an acount and buggered of with your £90

it is probably lost in the post. it happens.
            I heard from him earlier this evening on the other forum (private message me if you want details of the Forum and his other names). He indicated he'd send over evidence he'd sent the gun. Why not do this last week?

As I say, if it's lost in the post, fine - but I can't work in the dark if this dipship doesn't give me the proof!
            Last edited by Sci Fi Steve; 26 March, 2009, 10:00. Reason: language

Comment

Check this: http://zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4501

Comment

Originally posted by SGTSNIPER View Post
                Gift???? ouch...read the thread on here about trading issues....stay away from gifts as i have found out in the past, did he want you to send it as a gift??...mark
                I know. I only realised that afterwards. Still, it's more important to me that he is made "responsible" for theft than securing the actual refund.

Comment

Would it be impolite to send a link to his very public forum postings?

Comment

One other thing - I have told him that unless I get that proof of posting by the morning, then I'll pursue other means of recovery, which I will. He has read that message and not acted on it. This can only mean he's buying time.

Comment

Contact paypal and tell them the payment was sent as a "GIFT" as a mistake, as you were indeed paying for a purchase "GOODS".

If he tries to dispute this, then tell them he is asking you to pay the paypal charges, and if at any point he did (and you can prove this), you will be refunded. As it is against their policy for sellers to recover paypal charges from buyers. Still, if you say it was a mistake, no-one should be able to dispute it.

If all else fails and paypal seem pretty s**t, then tell them it was for the purchase of an airsoft rifle. You have nothing to lose, and paypal do not allow the purchasing of RIF's. So they may very well cancel the transaction altogether, and you ending up with your money back.

If not, you could (I reckon) threaten to expose paypal for letting you purchase an RIF through them. I'm sure they would respond to that...

Just my 2 cents,

Good luck,

Alex (mj23lj)
                      Trader Feedback:
                      New Forum: http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5557
                      Old Forum: http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?9461-mj23lj

Comment

Originally posted by mj23lj View Post
                        Contact paypal and tell them the payment was sent as a "GIFT" as a mistake, as you were indeed paying for a purchase "GOODS".

If he tries to dispute this, then tell them he is asking you to pay the paypal charges, and if at any point he did (and you can prove this), you will be refunded. As it is against their policy for sellers to recover paypal charges from buyers. Still, if you say it was a mistake, no-one should be able to dispute it.

If all else fails and paypal seem pretty s**t, then tell them it was for the purchase of an airsoft rifle. You have nothing to lose, and paypal do not allow the purchasing of RIF's. So they may very well cancel the transaction altogether, and you ending up with your money back.

If not, you could (I reckon) threaten to expose paypal for letting you purchase an RIF through them. I'm sure they would respond to that...

Just my 2 cents,

Good luck,

Alex (mj23lj)
                        This is excellent advice - thank you. I will pursue all of these options in turn. I have kept a complete record of the correspondence, so the final two options seem pretty solid. Thanks again.

Comment

If I where you I would post this up on the forum he normally use's as I doubt he will want to get a bad rep somewhere he has a high post count.

As the seller it is his responsibility to ensure it arrives ok, meaning that he posts the item in a descent way and is covered should the worst happen, Royal mail special delivery or Parcel force 48hour ect.

Any of the methods he should of used to ship the AEG to you should have tracking info and none of which would take 2 weeks to get to you, if he has posted it via a untrackable and uninsured method then im pretty sure the responsibilty lies with him, but you have done yourself no favours paying via gift but you clearly realise that now.

Leon

My feed back
                          http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=9280

Comment

+1

Definitely post this on the forum he used (if you haven't done so already).

I do believe that under trading standards, the parcel (unless agreed otherwise) is the sellers responsibility until it reaches the hands of the buyer. Also, he most certainly should be able to provide proof of sending. If this got "legal", he would have no proof at all.

We really need "Rockinrobin" here, as he could lay down some legal advice for us.
                            Trader Feedback:
                            New Forum: http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5557
                            Old Forum: http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?9461-mj23lj

Comment

I may post this on the other two forums he uses (Fort Forum and Marrs Airsoft). But my sense is that this guy is either indifferent to the consequences of too stupid to care. He is friendly with the admin of the Marrs forum and I've seen they've car-pooled together once or twice. I contacted the admin guy last week, and he somewhat helped. It's also likely that a few of you guys might know him, as I see a few of the same names reappear on different forums.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Hegel Find out more about Hegel
                              Working...
                              X