Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Biodegradable sniper ammo

Hi one and all,
    I have noticed that a lot of new sites are only allowing bio bb's. The heaviest bio bb's I've found are .3's and they are certainly not widely available.

My rifle hates .3 bb's. Even with no hop applied they are all over the place and useless in the sniping role. I still have this problem even using by weaker 420 fps spring.

My question is is there any company making heavier bio bb's I've not found, or are any in development. Failing that do bio site owners turn a blind eye to snipers ammo as we tend not to use as many bb's as the aeg users do.

Thanks in advance
    There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter.

Re: Biodegradable sniper ammo

Blind eye mostly in my experience. 100 or so Non Bio BBs spread about the site in a day is a very different gig to a few thousand out of a hicap.

Comment

How are Bio BBs in general? I'm off to a site at the weekend where they insist everyone uses them. What are the pros and cons?

Comment

I have found that pistols and bolt action only players get a bit of leeway at such sites. Considering I use at most 100 rounds a game compared to the 100 that some use in a minute they are happy to overlook it.

'FireKnife'
        68 Pistols and counting in over 8 years of airsoft.
        Got a spare 10mins or are bored? Check out my film reviews: http://200filmsbeforeyoudie.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by Kodiak212 View Post
          How are Bio BBs in general? I'm off to a site at the weekend where they insist everyone uses them. What are the pros and cons?
          I'm told they can be a bit hit and miss quality wise with some being prone to shattering on impact
          There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter.

Comment

Originally posted by FireKnife View Post
            I have found that pistols and bolt action only players get a bit of leeway at such sites. Considering I use at most 100 rounds a game compared to the 100 that some use in a minute they are happy to overlook it.

'FireKnife'
            I had hoped that this would be the case and it does seem the common sense answer. Did you just crack on or have a discrete word with the site owner beforehand

Comment

Originally posted by fangsnatcher View Post
              some being prone to shattering on impact
              Yep

Still got a piece in my eye
              I think its Bio-degrading though as it doesn't hurt or annoy me as much as it did 1.5 years ago. Someone shot me in the face during a CQB game.

I'm not a fan

Comment

Sh*t that sounds bloody awful!!! I'm all for being environmentally responsible but not at the cost of someone's eyesight.

I had heard that a study was done and they didn't break down much quicker than regulars bb's did

Comment

Originally posted by fangsnatcher View Post
                  I had hoped that this would be the case and it does seem the common sense answer. Did you just crack on or have a discrete word with the site owner beforehand
                  I ask beforehand, if the site tells me no then I tell them I won't be attending and thank them for discussing it with me.

When I move to somewhere that isn't the City of Inbreds I will see, if all my locals run bio I will buy bio .25s and deal with it but if it is just the one site I do the above, ask beforehand and see what they say.

'FireKnife'
                  68 Pistols and counting in over 8 years of airsoft.
                  Got a spare 10mins or are bored? Check out my film reviews: http://200filmsbeforeyoudie.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by Coz View Post
                    Yep

Still got a piece in my eye
                    I think its Bio-degrading though as it doesn't hurt or annoy me as much as it did 1.5 years ago. Someone shot me in the face during a CQB game.

I'm not a fan
                    Thanks for the heads up. Mesh out, goggles in.

Comment

I found bios are bad in the rain. If its heavy enough to get near them the swelling starts to cause them to jam.

Comment

Thanks for the info everyone, I'm glad common sense seems to prevail generally at sites. I still struggle with sites insisting on punters using bb's that are more dangerous than regular ones but such is the power of the land owner

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

fangsnatcher 43 year old ex army staff sergeant rediscovering my love of running about and shooting people Find out more about fangsnatcher
                        Working...
                        X