What do you think of this build?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you think of this build?

I haven't been in to airsoft long, maybe a year or so, but what do you guys think of this build that I am wanting to create?
    I plan to order a magpul stock later on some time, so don't think I left the stock off the list.
    Build list:

Tornado F1 High Torque motor - long - £41.57
    Flash Hider replicas PDW - £12.85
    Ultimate Gearbox M4/M16 High Speed (M100) - £149.99
    Metal body for M4 - Dboys - £42.77
    Buffer tube - £12.11
    Magpul PTS MOE Mid-Length Handguard - £29.99
    Delta ring - Dboys - £9.82

Total: £299.1

Re: What do you think of this build?

Just get a g&g top tech, will be cheaper and the latest gen 3's run mosfets, tight bore and high torque motors. Plus they have warranty on them.

Comment

Yep. Or just get a G&P. wouldn't spend £150 on a gearbox then put it in a low quality receiver such as the dboys one.
      “A prisoner of war is a man who tries to kill you and fails, and then asks you not to kill him.”

Comment

Originally posted by Zedhan View Post
        I haven't been in to airsoft long, maybe a year or so, but what do you guys think of this build that I am wanting to create?
        I plan to order a magpul stock later on some time, so don't think I left the stock off the list.
        Build list:

Tornado F1 High Torque motor - long - £41.57
        Flash Hider replicas PDW - £12.85
        Ultimate Gearbox M4/M16 High Speed (M100) - £149.99
        Metal body for M4 - Dboys - £42.77
        Buffer tube - £12.11
        Magpul PTS MOE Mid-Length Handguard - £29.99
        Delta ring - Dboys - £9.82

Total: £299.1

Motor - spend another £2/3 and get the Lonex Titan A2 high torque. Probably the best motor on the market right now, have never personally heard of Tornado
        Flash Hider - whatever style you like, just make sure you get the right direction thread!
        Gearbox - not bad for an all in one, some Ultimate parts are re-branded Lonex ones, and given Lonex is top of the line, that should be no issues. An M100 spring will probably put you up around the 370 FPS mark though, so its likely to be hot.
        Body - Dboys make OK stuff, but nothing to rave about.
        Buffer tube - Just make sure its the right size (IE Mil Spec or normal airsoft)
        Magpul handguard - I like them personallyy, quite ergonomical to hold
        Delta ring - Again, Dboys make OK stuff, but nothing special

If your doing a complete build....by my reckoning your missing quite a few parts
        A M4 body usually means the upper and lower receiver. Not all come with pins needed and mag release.

What about the pistol grip, charging handle, dust cover, outer barrel, inner barrel, hop unit, front triangle sight (which you will need to secure the MOE hand guard), hop rubber, bucking etc etc?

You may find you £300 needs to expand to build a complete gun
        sigpic

Currently rocking: Tokyo Marui 416D Recoil Shock and a Tokyo Marui HK45 w/SureFire X300

Comment

as above really ,there's quite a few bits missing , might be better to get a cheap second hand dboys and put the ultimate gearbox in with a lonex motor ,then you have a gun that's up and running and you can add the other stuff at a later date.

Comment

£300, get a decent second hand with mags etc youll get something much better than what youll build from scratch for the same price, especially with ar15 style guns

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Zedhan Find out more about Zedhan
            Working...
            X