X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zero one prices

Heya all

I understand that it may be considered heresy by many people on this forum to raise this issue, but as this is the forum associated with Zeroone then I feel it is the most apt place to ask this question.

I understand that due to the plummeting exchange rates that the pound has felt recently, prices on imported goods, notably, airsoft guns, will have to increase.

What I don't understand, is why Zeroone's prices have increased so dramatically, especially when compared to other retailers who will also be feeling the same import and exchange rate issues.

The Star AW.338 I was just looking at is a classic example. Even if we disregard the prices that foreign retailers are selling at due to the lack of support or warranty. Wolf in London, who normally I would consider to be less competitively priced that Zero one, are charging £464.99, A shop providing Supporting Fire are charging £450, where as Zero one believe it necessary to charge £625, an extra £175! and while I am aware that the Zero one model comes with a scope, that is one very expensive piece of optics.

It almost appears that Zero one, and therefore Zeroin know about this, and don't allow you to mention other retailers on their forums, just in case anyone who was unaware of other retailers might find out and realise that Zero one was charging over the odds.

What seems most ridiculous is that they offer their 'Price promise' to match any other price, well, if this is the case, then why aren't they just stating a competitive price in the first place, rather than making people search every retailer, find the cheapest price, and then go through the rigmarole of Zero one checking the other retailers stock etc. What is more likely is that people are just going to buy it from the shop with the lower price in the first place.

So could someone please explain why there is this huge price gap, or I am afraid that people will look elsewhere for their airsoft goods, and Zero one will collapse, potentially bringing down GZ with it, and, as a regular skirmisher, this is not something I want to see happen.

Kind regards

Oath

Re: Zero one prices

Maybe it has got something to do with regular customers? The ones that always go to Zero One time and time again for their gear, and so don't think twice about going to another online retailer. However thats a bit vague as to explain why they've hiked their prices and other retailers havn't..

Bit lost on it myself, but thats what i'm thinking.

Comment

This has been discussed several times, each time the thread gets closed

Comment

Ahh, didn't know that *shuts up and goes to make coffee *

Comment

yer good point mate. was looking at a rifle grenade and at support fire it is £60 here its £75? what all that about?

Comment

This is another POINTLESS thread, which really is going to achieve nothing.

Looking at the Zero One business it is quite clear they are successful in what they do. It would be naive to think that they do not check competitor prices also. Therefore the only sensible conclusion is that they are doing this on purpose, with some kind of plan in mind.

At the end of the day, they are free to charge what they like, just as you are free to shop elsewhere. I know a beer in my student union is £1.80, a beer in the pub just up the road is £2.50. I don't go around complaining to the expensive pub, vote with your feet - go elsewhere.

The rules of supply and demand are quite simple. If a price is too expensive business dries up, business is forced to reduce the price, and an equilibrium is found.

Use the price promise, or shop elsewhere. Complaining about it achieves exactly nothing.

Comment

Yea i totally agree to be fare, price's of KSC pistols that use to be £130 have risen to £200, thats very very big jump, and no iv not found this happening on other british airsoft sites.

They may end up losing custom over this, as id rather not pay a £70 difference just because i know the site.

Comment

If you have a look at other retailers, prices have gone up across the board. This is because of the current economic situation and the resulting falling pound. Of course it doesnt help that a number of the Chinese manufacturers were raided by police recently and had a lot of moulds etc confiscated. And they had to pay some large bribes from what I am told...
                Q - Spartans Airsoft Team

nos periclitor proprius

Originally posted by Black Templar
                There is no other store, only ZU'UUL.
                sigpic

Comment

Yes they might lose business, especially as airsoft goods (particulrly at this time) are very elastic goods. that is, quantity demanded should be very responsive to a change in price.

if the economy doesnt take a turn for the better.. then soon they could realise the effects

but, as jagillham said, theres no point complaining.. and I dont find zeroones prices a problem personally, because I buy nearly all guns second hand if this forum (cheaper than any retailer anyway!) and all my accs (mags, batteries etc) that I would buy from zeroone are very competitively priced.
                  Formerly 'Waltzinblack' but thought it was time to incorporate my Team callsign into my name

Comment

Originally posted by jagillham View Post
                    This is another POINTLESS thread, which really is going to achieve nothing.

Looking at the Zero One business it is quite clear they are successful in what they do. It would be naive to think that they do not check competitor prices also. Therefore the only sensible conclusion is that they are doing this on purpose, with some kind of plan in mind.

At the end of the day, they are free to charge what they like, just as you are free to shop elsewhere. I know a beer in my student union is £1.80, a beer in the pub just up the road is £2.50. I don't go around complaining to the expensive pub, vote with your feet - go elsewhere.

The rules of supply and demand are quite simple. If a price is too expensive business dries up, business is forced to reduce the price, and an equilibrium is found.

Use the price promise, or shop elsewhere. Complaining about it achieves exactly nothing.

I am aware and fully appriciate all of this, and didn't want to sound complaining, although again, I am aware it could have sounded like that.

I was curious to know if Zero one offered anything more for that money (which is what I was trying to say, although the first post was probably worded badly).
                    Is the support or service provided worth the extra?

Is there something that makes people go back to Zeroone, despite the price hike?

Comment

Zeoone do have fantastic service, and I tend to shop there if I need something asap, as I know they'll reliably get it out to me. But at the same time, the service isn't really worth the massive price difference.

Comment

This thread ends here.

Originally posted by Zero One Airsoft Website
                        PRICE PROMISE

We'll do our best to beat any price you find for your airsoft kit, providing the other shop has it in stock...

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Oath Find out more about Oath
                        Working...
                        X