homemade ghilliesuits?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• homemade ghilliesuits?

has anyone made a homemade ghillie suit? if so what did you make it out of and how hard was it to make??? im thinking of making one as all shop ones dont fit gzw's shades

comment back

thanks

mike(portermush)
    sharpshooter,not sniper.

Re: homemade ghilliesuits?

Ready made suits arent all ways best

Why not have a look at the web tex concealment vest

if not

either get an old 95 shirt or smock or a flight suit get burlap and elastic strips for plant life and go mad

Comment

you can use burlap. its what they use for taty sacks and is good as it doesnt reflect and comes in dull browns and greens. personally though i dont think ghillie suits are very good for airsoft. they get caught in bushes and its hard to feel a hit if your suite is dense. also when autumn comes you need a totally different colour or you just look like a mad yetty
      FOR SALE - 3300mah 9.6 battery
      WANTED - PRS Stock, Lipo, Lipo charger

Comment

If nothing else it will test to see if you have the patience that it takes to be a sniper, mine took me over 60 hours to make and I still havn't done yet. As for colours stick with neutral browns of differing shades with a bit of green in, you have to remember that it is only a base for natural foliage which should be used in a 60/40 split natural/hessian.

Comment

thanks guys im going to try burlap but im nt sure if ill make it :S
          sharpshooter,not sniper.

Comment

web tex concealment vest? sew in the burlap to the mesh and then stuff the plants in the straps

Old 95 shirt? sew in the burlap

did you even read my post

burlap is just the material used, you get strips of it and you stick it on your suit then fray it out

Comment

Use a hot glue gun to attach the ghillie (burlap/hessian), much easier than sewing.

I have made a few ghillie suits with my flatmate & old room mates when I served.

Comment

Oh yea forgot the hot glue gun

What did you use as ghillies, were you given an option to buy a vest or did you just use a spare shirt/smock or flight suit top

Comment

The webtex vest wasnt around then so we used large smocks the old SAS windproof type but one of the ghillie suits sitting in a box a couple of meters away from where I am sitting uses the webtex vest as a base.

Comment

Yea, good for keeping you warm also but not good if you need to take it off :| thats why i like the vest

Comment

thanks minisnipa great help

will try during summer

thanks for help
                      sharpshooter,not sniper.

Comment

Pm inbound.
                        Warrior L96
                        TM FULL STOCK M4 s-system
                        A&K M249 para
                        WE High Capa 5.1 GBB

Trade feedback http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7927

Comment

one of my mates is making one atm, i think he's using something called a magic scuf for the legs but apart that i have no idea what's he's doing, he found some vid and following that
                          Santa *creepy kiss* xXx

Comment

i just did a rambo style ponco out off burlap and got the krylon out on it made my own sort off camoflauge its good and light but i only use it because i get bored off hiding and like to join in the attack but it works quite well

Comment

Brother used a webtex concealment vest and then put camol netting over it (a fair bit to bulk it out) and then got thns almost bed sheet material and cut in to strips, sewed it to the netting and then frayed it out. For trousers he got some old ones and sewed camo netting to them and used sheet material again. Looks really good and it draps alot so breaks up even further.
                              Alpha Elite Gaming, Jersey C.I

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

portermush SORRY IF I DONT REPLY TO PMS< I DONT GO ON THIS MUCH ANYMORE :) Find out more about portermush
                              Working...
                              X