This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overpricing madness!

I'm sorry if this has been covered, I did search with what little Tapatalk can provide

I'm literally shouting at my phone at some of these outrageous prices for people's guns but I don't want to be rude as to say

"how the hell can you ask for X amount when it's only X amount to buy and the extras you have listed still don't come to that much"

Do some people think, ah no one will know the prices and I'll be onto a winner

Please say I'm not alone

Sent from the toilet whilst having a dump

Re: Overpricing madness!

haha, yup. You are definitely not alone. Just got to let the market do its thing, but it's annoying that we can't filter by price. I hate having to look at every listing and usually scroll down 20 bumps to find someone is still deluding themselves that they can shift a combat machine for £200.

Comment

Some people are using retailer price hikes as a baseline price for their gun and forgetting the original cost. Something like a JG,CYMA or Dboys/Boyi are dirt cheap, yet extortionate second and even third hand prices still seem to fly. I'm seeing JG ak's go second hand for more than I paid for the TM equivalent brand new!
      I think it's really down to the buyer's to do a little research on what they're looking to buy and take a non biased approach to it.
      dsgdreamteam

Comment

A couple of chums and I like to laugh at them and see who can find the most stupidly priced items, calling them the "Bargains of the week" as those people will be bumping their items for a veeeeeeeerrrrrrrry long time.
        There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Comment

Your not alone in your thinking bud! I understand the idea of overpricing a tad because of people knocking you down. But I saw one guy on here wanting nearly twice as much for something.

This is an easy formula:

Weapon and extras in brilliant condition-25% off retail price
          Weapon and extras in good condition -30% off retail price
          Weapon and extras in well used condition 35% off retail price
          Minus an extra 5% for every owner before you.
          If god was an AEG, i have owned him at some point....

MB

Comment

I think what some people do (And I stress the "some" here), is list their guns at a premium, knowing full well that there are people browsing these forums without accounts or defences. They'll join the forum simply to purchase the overpriced gun, as both parties get what they want.

The unscrupulous seller gets the ridiculous asking price, and the 14 year old boy/collector who's never skirmished gets his gun.
            There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Comment

People can put what ever price they want on something, you don't have to buy it, and you only have to PM a sensible price if you think it's priced too high and you are interested.

This comes up again and again and again so thread closed.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Jez Armstrong Find out more about Jez Armstrong
              Working...
              X