Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yet another what am best AK thread

but fairly specific so forgive me...

im after a good GBB AK rifle - I want a full stock variant, a 47 or AKM sort of thing such as the GHK AKM (or is it AKMN?).

Its gotta be full metal and have a nice wood finish and be CO2 compatible out of the box. The GHK ticked every box for me until i noticed that their co2 mags are now out of production for some reason.

can anyone suggest a good alternative? preferably around the same price range (no more than £300)

Re: yet another what am best AK thread

Not asking for much then!

- - - Updated - - -

The AK 47 PMC GBB WE- springs to mind but i'm not sure it is co2!
    "Being offended provides no objective indication of "right" & "wrong". It's nothing more than a barometer of your own emotional control."- Ricky Gervais

Comment

lol, the way i see it if going to be forking out hundreds of pounds its gotta be perfect :P

the AK 47 PMC seems to be a modern take on it - plastic grip and stock also i have another WE rifle and getting parts for it is like going on a quest. - would quite like to see what the other makes are like. Having said that if WE is teh only choice then so be it

Comment

I don't like WE's GBBs much (though I see their appeal) and have heard that their AK is the worst of the lot, so I'd avoid it. The GHKs (new GHKs, anyway) are the ones to get, without a doubt - extremely solid high-quality construction, good aftermarket parts support, and ProWin make magazines for them. What more could you want? I'm not so sure about the appeal of CO2 (the cost of those bulbs is high for a primary) and personally I'd use ProWin's excellent magazines and propane, but if you have to have CO2, those magazines are available elsewhere - you just need to know where to look. (No, I can't tell you where they are, this is ZeroIn).

Comment

If you're looking for a gbb 47/AKM I cannot recommend the GHK enough. It totally rocks.

While it doesn't have the full bolt travel as the WE AK's, it cycles much quicker and has the ability to fire off its mag on auto with little or no cool down. I've put magazines through it, firing bursts and it's a total machine.
          I did have C02 magazines but ran into problems with leaks and the damn Capsules would get stuck inside and would generally be a pain to get them out. It runs great on propane and I've experienced no leaks what so ever. I've tried Guarder black gas through it and it's a monster.

The build quality is Ak quality, solid. The look and feel of the wood and steel is just orgasmic. When I tore it from the box it was covered in a thin film of oil from the factory and it smelt divine. It's been in my possession now for about 3 or 4 months and I'm still excited every time I see it.
          http://www.youtube.com/badabingpictures

https://www.facebook.com/BadaBingPictures

Comment

Yeah don't blame you mate! I don't personally like the modern take but the PMC is rumored to be getting co2 sorted on it. THAT is going to be the annoying part on your quest for the perfect GBB ak- CO2! Unless you settle with a Yunker or a cybergun.177! GHK is probably your best bet though- £524.50 but bloody nice bit of kit that.
            "Being offended provides no objective indication of "right" & "wrong". It's nothing more than a barometer of your own emotional control."- Ricky Gervais

Comment

mmm i did really like the look of it when i saw a vid, i run co2 on my we and i really like it, the cost of the bulbs isnt an issue, i prefer the more consistent fps, ability to run in the cold and much less faf refilling (im never totally confident iv filled a normal gas mag properly and there's no way to check until its too late)

still, if you can still get ghk mags...although is that just surplus still for sale or are they still being made?

Comment

From the looks of things the C02 magazines are out of production. You maybe able to find them.

The place I got my AKMN from told me they had several of the C02 ones back as they weren't as reliable as the gas mags. He then decided to stop stocking them.

Oh and the AKMN is the version with the side scope mount on the receiver and AKM lacks it.
                http://www.youtube.com/badabingpictures

https://www.facebook.com/BadaBingPictures

Comment

aa cheers, might just have to give up on the co2 then, sounds like they stopped production cos they were crap :P

Comment

That just about sums it up yeah! i would have got the WE GBB SVD if i lived in Spain! One day though....your (and many airsofters out there) co2 dream may come true....

Comment

WE have said no completely to AK C02 mags as it caused other issues.

However their gas which is a different formulation to the usual will be adequate in cold weather would do you nicely should you go the WE route.

Comment

GHK. Having messed around with both the GHK and WE AKs, the GHK gets my vote every time - especially when it comes to external modifications as LCT produce a huge range of parts, so you can pretty much turn a GHK into any AK variant you want.

Comment

I bought a GHK AK-105 on Friday, check out my review.

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...105)-2012-gbbr

GHK have withdrawn their CO2 magazines from sale due to issues they were coming across with the design so it's green gas magazines now or owt.
                          - GHK AK74MN - GHK AUG A1 - Secutor Gladius 17 - WE MG36 HPA -

Comment

Though we rarely use GBB on our site, a couple of former WE owners I know, have recently bought GHK, and say they are fantastic.
                            "This is my rifle, it's just a toy one, there are many like it, they're toy ones too, without it, i'm £250 better off, without me, it gathers dust in the corner, we're just big boys playing soldiers, lets try and remember that" play fair have fun.

Comment

Having used the AKMS(M71CZ Jugo version, the best!) and tried my mate's GHK AKMS, I can say it is as close to the real thing as a GBBR can get!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

messy Find out more about messy
                              Working...
                              X