handy kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• handy kit

Hi all, im new to airsoft, hae just got all the gear I need, guns, mask, boots etc. What sre some other little gadgets or bits of kit you have all found useful?

Re: handy kit

Welcome to airsoft.

My favourite little gadget that comes in real handy when you're in a jam is the USGI M16 cleaning kit. As it's made for 5.56 it works brilliantly with our 6mm bores. The cleaning rods screw together which can perform cleaning and unjamming of any lodged or broken bbs in your barrel/chamber. Also included is a small tooth style brush, swabs, oil bottle, brass wire brushes (you won't need) and it's case. With room to spare for Allen keys and other small tools or batteries. Small and light enough to keep in a bdu pocket. Best £15 I ever spent.

Good hunting.
    http://www.youtube.com/badabingpictures

https://www.facebook.com/BadaBingPictures

Comment

Are the cleaning rods not made from steel? If so, they will make lovely scratches inside you soft brass inner barrel and promptly ruin it...

Comment

As will the cleaning kit brushes.
        section 24 of the 1968 Act
        Supplying imitation firearms to minors
        1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
        2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

I've never had such problems and I've been using the kit for years. Works great
          http://www.youtube.com/badabingpictures

https://www.facebook.com/BadaBingPictures

Comment

My favourite items (apart from my actual tools) are all my lotions and potions:

Can of compressed air (sounds daft, but great for cleaning those hard to reach bits that don't need lubing)
            Thread locks
            Lubricants (frog lube, gun oil, greases)
            PTFE liquid and tape

Basically anything that makes stuff gas tight or reduces friction.

Comment

The all mighty allan key and bodge tape!
              "Being offended provides no objective indication of "right" & "wrong". It's nothing more than a barometer of your own emotional control."- Ricky Gervais

Comment

Whats the best oil to use, I have some abbey silicone oil on the way but wanted to know any others that are good

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk

Comment

Contrary to popular belief, there aren't wany parts of an airsoft gun that need "Oiling"... Plenty of bits need grease but most of them are hidden away inside the inner workings of the gearbox.

If I had a penny for every time I'd see somebody ruin their hop unit for the day by chugging a load of silicon oil or spray down the barrel, I'd probably be... well... in possession of enough cash to buy half a lager shandy.

Comment

I only use open bolt GBBRs. The working parts move almost identically to the real firearms they emulate.

I oil my real guns for reliability, I oil my GBBRs for the same reason, but not the hop as B.E.N rightly points out.

The adage of "any oil is better than no oil" will work with the metal on metal friction surfaces such as bolt runners etc. If you are using an AEG then there is no reason to oil it at all. A sensible amount* of good quality grease in the gearbox and on any other moving parts will be fine.

* do not overload anything with grease as too much will be detrimental to the performance of your gun.

Comment

Originally posted by B.E.N. View Post
                      Contrary to popular belief, there aren't wany parts of an airsoft gun that need "Oiling"... Plenty of bits need grease but most of them are hidden away inside the inner workings of the gearbox.

If I had a penny for every time I'd see somebody ruin their hop unit for the day by chugging a load of silicon oil or spray down the barrel, I'd probably be... well... in possession of enough cash to buy half a lager shandy.
                      Real sword guns need regular oiling / bluing of externals due to use of real steel materials in their construction
                      Last edited by Stealthkiller; 11 November, 2013, 17:47.

Comment

Originally posted by Stealthkiller View Post
                        Real sword guns need regular oiling / bluing of externals
                        My old Type 97 didn't...

Despite my typo, I think it's clear that I didn't mean there were NO EXCEPTIONS however I'm pretty sure even a Real Sword gun would be fine if you didn't oil it at all for some time.

Comment

A roll of black electrical tape is most handy to keep in a pocket or pouch, for most quick in the field repairs to almost anything.

Comment

A dremel. For times when parts that should fit together don't.

Comment

Cable ties. They fix everything.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

ridla1984 New to airsoft but eager to get going, always had a loveof firearms so looking to advance to an awesome loadout Find out more about ridla1984
                              Working...
                              X