Lowa/ Meindl boots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowa/ Meindl boots

Hi guys just looking for advice on sizing for both Lowa and Meindl boots.

the question is what size boot Lowa or Meindl do you wear compared to your foot ?

In Nike trainers i am a size 9
    in my Reebok trainers i am a size 8.5
    and in my berghaus old boots im size 8.

you can see my hesitation in buying online !

Can anyone give me a comparison from their Lowa and Meindl desert boots to their 'civvie' footwear?
    FOR SALE:
    TRI AN/PRC 152 Radio package

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...43#post1451643

Re: Lowa/ Meindl boots

I think that Cotswold have started stocking lows and meidel boots, might be worth popping in and trying on prior to purchase
    There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter.

Comment

Hi fella,

I'm similar to you in the way I'm an 8.5-9.

I bought some desert meindl boots and they are great! Got them off a popular auction site.

I'f you're buying new, can't recommend that brand enough! Quality product and service!

Comment

My advice would be to try and find a place that sells the boots you are looking for and try them on. Everyone has different feet and what might be right for one persons size 8 feet could be totally wrong for another's!

Comment

Nimbley,

The following link may or not help... Basically determine the mondopoint sizing of your feet (in other words the length of your foot when loaded (i.e. Standing up)) by standing on a bit of paper with your heel and paper against a wall or similar... Draw a line where you big toe end and measure the length... That's your mondopoint size. Then use the table to determine what size that corresponds to.

http://www.tfd.uk.com/fitting

Good Luck

R

Comment

My size 10 feet take size 10 Meindl's. Watch out for the width fitting though, they can be quite wide!

Comment

Thanks for the advice, I went and tried on both makes and got my feet measured in an outdoors shop. For anyone who's interested, the reason other brands I was wearing like Nike were 9's is due to the width.

Like I said, thanks gents
              FOR SALE:

Comment

Check also width fittings, my British army boots are ample on length, but went for a wide fit so as to wear two pairs of socks.
                The shop adviser should be telling you this....Going too big on footwear means also that the bridge/heel/ankle fit are wrong.
                Distance runners are fitted so the shoe fits 'like a glove'.
                sigpic
                "And this is why a two finger tap on the shoulder will suffice"

Comment

Thanks again for all the responses. in the end i bought both lowas and Meindl's; as grade 1 surplus boots. for both pairs it came to 70 ...instead of 140 brand new.
                  I think i got a good deal if im honest
                  FOR SALE:

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

nimbley Find out more about nimbley
                  Working...
                  X