Posting pyro?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Posting pyro?

Hi, I'm selling 2 tld mx 80s, a version 1 and a version 2. Could someone tell me if I can post the chargers and bangs as ATM I'm only advertising as collected only because I'm not sure about posting pyros

Thanks

Rich

Re: Posting pyro?

Originally posted by ProPain View Post
    Hi, I'm selling 2 tld mx 80s, a version 1 and a version 2. Could someone tell me if I can post the chargers and bangs as ATM I'm only advertising as collected only because I'm not sure about posting pyros

Thanks

Rich
    The primers (the little brass bits that the hammer hits) and the carboard pyro tubes themselves are considered "explosives", and so can't be sent royal mail.
    however as I understand it, the actual MX80, without the pyro component, isn't restricted.
    But, convincing the royal mail of that is a very different question. Especially if it goes anywhere near an x-ray machine or anything, all they'll see is a grenade, complete with working mechanism.
    Not actually a builder
    Not actually called Bob.

Comment

Originally posted by bobthebuilder View Post
      The primers (the little brass bits that the hammer hits) and the carboard pyro tubes themselves are considered "explosives", and so can't be sent royal mail.
      however as I understand it, the actual MX80, without the pyro component, isn't restricted.
      But, convincing the royal mail of that is a very different question. Especially if it goes anywhere near an x-ray machine or anything, all they'll see is a grenade, complete with working mechanism.
      Cheers pal, what about with couriers like ups?

Comment

Cheers pal, what about with couriers like ups?
        Not sure. I know UPS will carry it for buisness customers (since that's how my mate gets his) but I don't know what the rules are for private individuals.
        Not actually a builder
        Not actually called Bob.

Comment

I can get it sent from a business, so I should be ok to post out with ups?
          Want to buy them lol

Comment

I can get it sent from a business, so I should be ok to post out with ups?
            Want to buy them lol
            I thought you where selling?

And I beleive the buisness would need an account with UPS, i.e. they would need to use UPS on a regular basis. But honestly I'd suggest getting in touch with UPS/other courriers, as they are best placed to advise you on what they will/will not take.
            Not actually a builder
            Not actually called Bob.

Comment

and i thought this thread had so much more potential , never mind.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

ProPain Find out more about ProPain
              Working...
              X