This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mid-cap or high-cap mags?

Whats better? Which one fairs better in the field and which one gets the best perfomance from your weapon? I have heard the mids can hinder the fps on some guns

Re: mid-cap or high-cap mags?

Mids, for the simple fact that rattling high caps do my tree in!

Comment

Originally posted by Scotty Dog View Post
      Mids, for the simple fact that rattling high caps do my tree in!
      Yeah, I can see that haha

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ridla1984 View Post
        I have heard the mids can hinder the fps on some guns
        I just spat a mouthful of dinner over the screen after reading that, where did you hear that little gem from.
        It's all down to personal taste, I like using mid caps as I like the mag changing and it fits with the games I play but there are guys that much prefer high caps especially for skirmish games, the choice is yours.

Comment

Just looked at some reviews on a couple of retailer websites, someone posted it reduced their fps down to 90 from 330, prob anload of crap lol think I may go mid cap tbh, good price for a box of ten plus as above no rattling

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk

Comment

Depends on the game day. For a non themed/non milsim game then it's hi caps simply because 90% of other players use them too. I don't want to be at a disadvantage when it comes to spraying with my P*...

But I prefer to play games where everyone runs lows/mids - people take more care shooting and it's much less a spraying mentality.

To answer your question, it really depends if you enjoy reloading a lot or winding a mag that rattles.

Comment

Mids, I also enjoy the mag changing and hate the sound of hicap rattle

Comment

Mids for sure. You don't have to wind them up and can just fire until they run out then change the mag.

Comment

Mids for more reliability, no winding, no rattling and they tend to be of better construction. If I wanted the advantage of high-caps, I'd just go the whole hog and buy a drum mag, which again, doesn't require winding plus gives effectively unlimited ammo on a single mag.
                  Originally posted by Lt. Macka
                  big black shapes draw the eye.

Comment

never really like any of mid or hi-cap, i use magpul 20rd or 30rd mag,
                    G&P Vltor custom CBQ, WANTED VLTOR UPPER RECIVER,

Comment

The only difference between midcaps and highcaps as far as gun performance goes is that good mid-caps feed at a much higher rate for longer than high caps. This means a high rof gun will work with midcaps, it won't with high caps.

Saw some poor kid at MAW the other week who'd put a 11.1 on a g&p gun that kicks out 30rps on a 7.4. He was upset that his gun wasn't feeding off a high cap. He will be more upset when his gearbox disintegrates...
                      Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

Midcaps. I wont get into why i wont use HiCaps. I dont want to be the one who starts the inevitable catfight.

Theres also the fact that you cant get a HiCap for a PTW. Thank god.
                        AUTHOR OF ALL YOUR PAIN.

Comment

Originally posted by TraceJ View Post
                          never really like any of mid or hi-cap, i use magpul 20rd or 30rd mag,
                          I won't use mid or hi-caps either. I tend to hand load my beebs one by one into the hop chamber.

It's a bit of a pain for me when firing full auto though!
                          There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Comment

The one beauty of high-caps is that when I fancy "running light" I can take my AK, a 1000 round high cap and absolutely nothing else!
                            Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

I've tried both. on a single magazine level, I agree that mid caps are better. no winding, no rattling, brilliant!

But, I've found that without having a load of them (which gets heavy and bulky) the regular reloading becomes a bit of a windup. I can do all but the most intensive game days on two high-caps, at most only topping up at lunch.
                              So I've ended up going back to high-caps, especially now I run a G3, for which mid-caps are hard to come by.
                              Not actually a builder
                              Not actually called Bob.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

ridla1984 New to airsoft but eager to get going, always had a loveof firearms so looking to advance to an awesome loadout Find out more about ridla1984
                              Working...
                              X