WE/Socom Gear 1911's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WE/Socom Gear 1911's

Having been used to my TM 1911, im interested in looking at something full metal, Now ive read mixed reviews of WE's pistols, has anyone got any thoughts on either of these models:

The socom gear wilson combat 1911
    The socom gear Nighthawk 1911
    The scocom gear Novak Next 1911

Interms of WE/SG's build quality, performance, reliability etc etc etc

Cheers

Jonny

Re: WE/Socom Gear 1911's

had no problems with mine yet although hasn't recieved extensive use. they really don't seem to like the cold weather. strong kick and seems very accurate and powerful though. A proper run out in the summer will be the decider
    TM SCAR-L / LCT TACTICAL AK VARIANT / G&G UMP / MARUZEN P99 FIXED SLIDE / TM 18C AEP

Comment

I have the WE M9 and it is a beautifully made piece of kit. If anything the downside is the mags. They are prone to leaking so need more care than other brands. Also WE guns have been known to vent gas in the Winter. But then again many guns in winter have this problem so that isn't an issue for me. I have a G18C AEP for winter anyway. Well worth the money then but buy different brands of Mags for them
      Feedback link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33181

Comment

i have a novak next and its a great bit of kit. slide is a little rattly so put a full length recoil guide on an it solved the problem.
        range and accuracy are good and i haven't even touched the hop!
        give the mags a service when you get them (soak the seals etc) and you should have no trouble

Comment

Could I put forward an alternative?

Instead of buying a new gun for ~£100, you could buy a metal frame and slide kit for your TM for a similar price.

The advantage of this is that the TM 1911 is a solid performer, even with a heavier slide. It also means you dont need to buy extra mags, since you should already own some. Most of the kits are very nice. My experience is with the guarder frame/slide, and it make a hell of a difference to the feel. The only downside of the guarder kit is that some filing needs to be done to a few parts to fit it.

As far as the WE 1911 models go, I fully endorse them. They dislike the winter, because they do not utilise as much gas into driving the slide as the TM does, thus strugle to cycle. Otherwise I have never had any issues with the 4 I have owned and modded.

Comment

I have socom gear novak next,just bough it last week and skirmish with it at weekend,the gun is feel very good and realistic. However it will get cool down after few shot very quickly expecially when the weather is cold.
            I will shoot you all.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Jonny357 Find out more about Jonny357
            Working...
            X