Seriously! Stop it now!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Seriously! Stop it now!

I dont understand how you can purchase a RIF from a retailer using Paypal, How people on forums insist on 4% fee's being paid, Yet last time i looked on Paypals website they were 3.4%. Both these things puzzle me, I had a bad experience with purchasing a RIF from a guy on here, Luckily i got my cash back from Paypal.
    I'd like to see the tables turned a little, You get paid when the item is received at the buyers address.

Comment

If the sale post is like this...

Comment

Is that the old "Lostprophets" Tour Bus?

Comment

Originally posted by Johnno View Post
          Classic!
          There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnno View Post

you sir win tonight

I've got a good idea though… everybody pay their money to me… ill hold it… promise not to run away with it...
            If you ever need any weightlifting, protein or gym advice let me know.

Comment

It all boils down to common sense really.

You get a feeling when you speak to a member about an item, well i do anyways. If i ask a question about an item that i can see in the thread has not been mentioned, and get back "yeh, soz" or even "you mugy geek nob, it iz full metal"

then they arent getting my money, end of.

Feedback, take that into account, are they all buying feedback? So they are good at paying, are they honest to sell?

Low feedback and post count, get an address and mobile number, ring them on said mobile number, ask some questions, they could be the most genuine person in the world, just dont have time for forums.

Is the feedback left for them been done by other low feedback profiles with no posts? do these usernames all pop up in the same group of sellers/buyers? Fake accounts to gain trust by fake feedback....

Lastly as stated in another thread about it, does the deal seem too good to be true? If it does, it probably is and they are lying!

I had a fella selling a Vector with 5 mags for a good price, seemed reasonable, sent him a message as he had low post and 0 feedback (alarm bells) and in said PM, i askled for his mobile number to call him as i have questions. Not one reply, i sent a few and this user was active in PM's when i checked a few times too. Clearly rumbled him right away as there probably was no Vector for sale in the first place

WARNING. Post may contain traces of sarcasm. If you do not understand this, I pity your existence.

Comment

It's not even who you trust, there are many other ways to buy RIF's mainly Facebook, there is no feedback score there you're going by a photo and a description and 9/10 you can't see that persons profile unles you're their friend

It's alot easier to gain a rif that way and alot easier to get scammed

Sent from the toilet whilst having a dump

Comment

I thought you weren't allowed to buy and sell RIFs on Facebook?

I'm aware that people do, it's just that I'd heard they shouldn't.
                  There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Comment

You can't pay for guns with PayPal but people do

Sent from the toilet whilst having a dump

Comment

Originally posted by samus3366 View Post
                      Via bank transfer you can still claim a dispute with your bank if goods aren't recieved within 15 days or put through a fraud claim! Most banks will do this! Also times for refunds can vary from 24 hours to weeks depending on how good your bank is!
                      This just isn't true. I work for a bank, if your payment is sent via bank transfer and not via a card payment or Direct Debit you have no protection at all if your purchase goes awry. Most bank transfer payments these days are sent via the Faster Payment scheme which means generally money will credit the same day (although it's only guaranteed to get there by the end of the following business day).

With Faster Payments, there is no protection for the sender if the money is sent in error or to cover a purchase of goods like there is for card payments and Direct Debit. The best your bank can do is follow the Faster Payments query process agreed with the bods that run the Faster Payment scheme, which basically involves asking the receiving bank to send a letter to the person you sent the money to, asking them to return it. If this person doesn't give permission to return the funds, then their bank cannot take the funds off them, and generally bank Fraud teams will not get involved in Faster Payment bank transfers as the money is sent entirely at the senders own risk.

Long story short, I would not recommend using bank transfers to pay for RIFs, as there is zero protection if it goes wrong.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Jez Armstrong Find out more about Jez Armstrong
                      Working...
                      X