Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Helikon Gunfigher or commander...!?!?

Hello all,

Ive been looking at a Helikon gunfighter for a while now, and now I have some spare money due to Christmas being out f the way I may buy one.

Ive also seen the commander..... which looks v similar, except there isn't a hood... is this really the only difference?!

If I could have reviews/comments of both would be great

cheers
    FOR SALE
    7" Magpul ERGO free float ris, 7" larue ff ris,
    , multicam pistol pouch, ACM pistol fast bags.

Re: Helikon Gunfigher or commander...!?!?

ive got an od gunfighter,and i am really pleased with it,if you do buy one look on ebay,as there is a polish shop that sells it a lot cheaper than anywhere else(helikon is a polish company btw)
    VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
    trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

I have a Gunfighter and love it. Never seen a Commander though.

Comment

I looked at both of these also and the differences that I could see were the hood, slightly different pocket layout and I think they have a different lining to them as well. I think the Gunfighter would be better than the commander as a waterproof jacket but that's just my take on it. In the end I bought the Gunfighter and am very pleased with it.

Comment

they are not waterproof,just splashproof

Comment

Yup i know that, im guessing similar to the webtex coats
            FOR SALE

Comment

I have a Gunfighter. It's well good.

Comment

My Gunfighter is waterproof .

Comment

Interesting reading through this thread. I've had a gunfighter for about a year and it is indeed very waterproof, with one or two caveats. Read below.

I've recently taken this jacket to its extreme, I took it for a hike around Snowdonia in December in 90mph winds and relentless driving rain. It was only after about two hours solid in this weather that the jacket finally started letting the water through, but in very specific places for specific reasons. When you first get the jacket new, the outer four way stretch polyester fabric is so water repellant, the water beads up nicely and you can shake it off like a dog.

As with ALL waterproof outdoor gear this ability decreases with age. This means the outside fabric starts absorbing water and getting the splotchy damp look. However even then it is still waterproof as the 'shark skin' tech is a multilayer affair and the water still does not come through the jacket.

The downsides of this are that whilst staying waterproof, windproof and warm (all good things in the winter) the jacket does become very heavy. This also leads to water ingress in three areas due to the jackets design. At the arm cuffs as the outer material folds around inside the jacket, the fold hood where it attaches to the neck(only when folded out), and around the hem of the jacket. This is due to the material acting as a wick when its waterproof properties have faded.

However, like ALL(well, most) waterproof gear if you are consistent in using Techwash or similar on your helikon, you can bring back that shake like a dog ability and minimise the above.

For weekend warrioring these jackets are above and beyond the mutts nuts.
                  "For us, it keeps parenting essentials, a phone, a digital SLR camera and pistol magazines all neatly organised and accessible" - 5.11 Review

'Basically, Airsoft is Prom Night' - Brother Captain Ryan

Comment

well i thought it was waterproof,but the last two skirmishes ive been to,it lashed it down to the point i was soaked in minutes,and consequently i have bought a waterproof poncho,for very wet weather....it still has that rain water beads and rolls off effect,and its not that old,but a sustained downpour,will make the material succumb and it will soak up the water like a sponge

Comment

Thanks everyone, went with a gunfighter... Shall be next week, maybe tomorrow if im lucky :-D
                      FOR SALE

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

ElZer0 I was born, stuff happend Find out more about ElZer0
                      Working...
                      X