WE green gas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WE green gas

Has anybody used this stuff? Any feedback?
    Go Hard, or Go Home!!!

Re: WE green gas

It's good stuff.

The people I work for all use it in their GBBR's

I use it in my Vector.

Works a treat much like the GFC stuff that came out in the summer.

Comment

WE green is really good. At Blythm said, it is very much like the GFC stuff.

99.07% propane
      0.03% silicone

(It says so on the tin - I didn't do any experiments with it or anything)

I am also eagerly awaiting their red gas due out Jan / Feb. 40% more powerful than their green supposedly. Meant as a winter gas for temps below 10 Celsius.

Comment

Sounds good, was going to purchase a bottle and give it a whirl next weekend.
        Go Hard, or Go Home!!!

Comment

I ran a quick side-by-side comparison between the WE gas and the Walther gas I usually use (but which is now in short supply).
          The gun was my TM Hi Capa 5.1.
          I had the WE gas in a 4.3 mag, and the Walther in a 5.1 mag (slightly longer).
          Both mags have Nineball gas routers.
          Ambient air temperature was about 6 degrees C.
          Both mags and cans of gas were indoors overnight, and the test was carried out within an hour of exposing them to the cold (all kept together to ensure equal exposure).
          BBs were G&G 0.25gram.

I don't remember the exact numbers, but the WE gassed mag fired consistently about 2-3 METRES per second lower than the Walther mag (Skirmish Billericay chrono in mps). Both mags had enough gas for 2 fills of BBs.

A somewhat subjective comment now:
          The sound of the gun was less harsh when running on the WE gas. On a stock TM, that's not a bad thing. I'm not keen on using the Walther gas in summer, as it seems a bit too harsh for the gun. I'd not be so concerned using the WE gas in warm weather.

Comment

Well that's an in depth explanation. Thanks
            Go Hard, or Go Home!!!

Comment

Good stuff to use in low temperatures. Ive used it even in my TM pistol, it was about 3 degrees though otherwise it might've been blown to bits :P

Comment

to be honest, when abbey is built and made to such a high standard, why trust something from a company with a dodgy reputation? seems pretty much same old stuff in a can. Those round me that have used it vary in their responses from Meh, to OH GOD IT BURNS.
                -'Sly villain! Thou does not acknowledge thine hits!'
                -'I doth so, yonder vagabond, but thouest has the control of a nunnery whore, and thine accuracy doth compare to thine codpiece, short of the mark!'

Comment

I can agree. More or less the same, I bought it because I was out of Abbey and fancied trying something new. I dont think the 'power up'/'extra power in winter' statement thing lives up to its name either.

Comment

Originally posted by JFarrow View Post
                    I can agree. More or less the same, I bought it because I was out of Abbey and fancied trying something new. I dont think the 'power up'/'extra power in winter' statement thing lives up to its name either.
                    That is because the power up winter stuff is not on the market yet! That will be the red gas which comes in cans twice the size. I should be picking up a case soon for testing.

Their green gas is what is currently on the market.

Comment

Ah I see, I read somewhere something about 'power up' and applied this to the green, I wasn't aware that red was coming out. Sorry for my lack of knowledge. I'll probably be grabbing some as well.

Comment

So what are the components of their red gas? Propylene, MAPP?

How much is this stuff as well?
                        - GHK AK74MN - GHK AUG A1 - Secutor Gladius 17 - WE MG36 HPA -

Comment

Not too sure yet.

Hoping to pick up a case on Thursday if it is all ready for collection.

Comment

used it in my vector at the mall yesterday, it was putting out about the same fps as abbey predator ultra
                            . . . . . . . . . GET SOME!!! . . . . . . . .
                            TM P90/ G&G M4 CHOINE (WHITE M4 INNIT!) / KSC G18C / TM G17 / WE G18C / WE 1911 MEHICO DRUGLORD

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

jdizzy Find out more about jdizzy
                            Working...
                            X