dmr love them or hate them

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dmr love them or hate them

Well I love dmr's I own two myself. I have also built 5 more for other people but I wanna see wat other people think of them have you owned one, or even wanna own one and wat would u have.

Re: dmr love them or hate them

I would love to own one, Shame I don't have £800 to spare.

Comment

Id love a g3 upgraded

Comment

I love them.

Have had a few, but my current WE M14 is awesome and easily on a par with most sniper rifles.

Comment

Is the we m14 gbb I love the m14 I have had a few and never made one a dmr for my self

Comment

That's like asking a fat kid if he likes cake

You're on an airsoft forum asking people if they like guns

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Comment

I'd like to have one! But I've honestly heard that the additional range expected isn't really worth it!?

And I tend to like to get up close and personal when I play - still, sniper and a dmr are at the back of my mind!

Comment

Yeah, my M14 is a WE GBBR

Was initially set up for .36 but I couldn't see them as they are green. Now using white .30 and I can get them to over hop at about 65 meters running at 445fps (with a 0.2) If I bother my arse to adjust is slightly I am sure it would be as accurate at a bit more distance.

And the whole thing cost less than £800 INCLUDING upgrades.

I love that gun, but it is a heavy old thing to lug around all day.
                Last edited by loki7491; 31 December, 2013, 01:27.

Comment

I like the DMR as a platform, you're less likely to see one camping by the spawn point with a Warrior boltie, or at the back of the group plinking in a cheap gillie like a l33t army snpr. /generalisation
                  - GHK AK74MN - GHK AUG A1 - Secutor Gladius 17 - WE MG36 HPA -

Comment

i'm indifferent to them , from a building servicing and maintaining them point of view they make me groan every time i have to build one , protracted semi is just harsh on the gearbox in many cases and customers rarely understand why so much has to be done to make them reliable .

Comment

Go gas.

Less wear on everything that way!

Comment

I would love to make one, I think in the hands of someone experienced who can actually judge distance (ie what is less than 20 metres away) they are a great bit of kit and useful as both a toy and as something to enhance the game. I like the format of 350fps for AEG, 400-450 for DMR and 500 for sniper, its a good format. Although I do wish there was some middle ground for maybe 400? for a support weapon with an MED.

in the hands of some mongo their are a danger to themselves and everyone around them.
                        -'Sly villain! Thou does not acknowledge thine hits!'
                        -'I doth so, yonder vagabond, but thouest has the control of a nunnery whore, and thine accuracy doth compare to thine codpiece, short of the mark!'

Comment

Oh yay, I love bragging threads

I own a Real Sword SVD with a custom made Polar Star Fusion Engine for it. The gun and mags alone cost ~£750 odd, then £400 for the V2 engine and another £200 to combine the SVD gearbox and Fusion Engine in a custom build. The RS SVD platform is pretty awesome as an AEG but when you switch to HPA you never want to go back.

The result? A DMR that can run from 320 FPS upto 500 simply via changing the regulator, has instant trigger response, .3 FPS variance on each shot, never has gas cooling issues and to put the cherry ontop it looks absolutely beautiful.

Obviously some might object as it requires an external HPA tank and line but it turns everyone's heads and people always ask to have a go with it. Irrespective of the fact that it can fire very fast on semi, it's so accurate that I simply don't need to fire several rounds as the first shot usually hits where I need it to.

Yes, I'm very proud of the effort that was put into it.

Comment

Lovely.

I have the WE SVD as a sniping platform running at 545fps (site allows 550) the massive barrel makes it awesome.

Loving the time and effort that has gone into your build and although I am one of the "anti-hose / external tank" peeps, I can appreciate time, effort and engineering prowess when I see it.

Comment

Originally posted by the_monkey View Post
                              I would love to make one, I think in the hands of someone experienced who can actually judge distance (ie what is less than 20 metres away) they are a great bit of kit and useful as both a toy and as something to enhance the game. I like the format of 350fps for AEG, 400-450 for DMR and 500 for sniper, its a good format. Although I do wish there was some middle ground for maybe 400? for a support weapon with an MED.

in the hands of some mongo their are a danger to themselves and everyone around them.
                              i'd actually advocate a 320 fps limit on support weapons (including mass mag's or super hi cap's) to negate their advantage in ammo supply and promote tactical play, anyway another thread for that.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

mad man Find out more about mad man
                              Working...
                              X