Tokyo Marui M93R AEP HELP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tokyo Marui M93R AEP HELP

hi i have the money for this gun but i am not sure if i should get it or not please help i would like it if you told me the pros and cons on it thanks
    Last edited by Sci Fi Steve; 20 March, 2010, 07:17. Reason: text

Re: Tokyo Marui M93R AEP HELP

go for the kwa gbb version instead mate. much more worth the investment.

Comment

Gas guns are a LOT more fun – do you definitely want an AEP?

If you want a full auto pistol the Marui Hi Capa Xtreme GBB is fantastic, but you can't put it into single shot sadly. Obviously all gas guns suffer in the cold weather too (my Xtreme was useless in the winter).

If you are after an AEP though, hopefully someone on here has experience of this, or the Marui Glock 18c is another to consider for selectable auto.

Comment

I've got one so here's my opinion on it's pros and cons.
        Pro
        • Very reliable
        • One handed full auto
        • Great range
        • Accurate
        • Large mag capacity for a pistol (40 and 100 rounds)
        • Slim mags so you can carry a lot in one pouch
        • Cheap to run

Con
        • Low FPS
        • Very bulky with the front grip
        • No integrated rail
        • Long mags
        • Batteries can drain quickly under sustained semi auto

Most of those pro's stand for the rest of the TM AEP range and if you are wanting an AEP as a skirmish backup then unless you really want an M93R I'd suggest going for either the USP or Glock 18 as both of those come with a rail for mounting the TM Pro Light battery, have slightly shorter mags which fit standard mag pouches better and without the light attached will fit most holsters.
        If on the other hand you just want an M93R then I'd highly recommend taking a look at the KWA System 7 GBB version. You can pick the metal slided version up for around £130 new

Comment

agreed i love my system7 m93r. after using automatic glocks and gbb mp5k's its definately my fave to use

Comment

I've got a TM USP AEP and I like it very much. I think the list of pros is very good from the above post. My logic was that if I'm using it as a backup then I want to know that when I take it out it will work every time, which it does. It all depends on what you want it for. Yes, GBB's probably are more fun, but from what I've observed folks spend most of their time complaining about it being too cold to use them or the seals leaking on the mags.

With regards the low fps (whcih is true) you can upgrade them with a stronger spring and LiPo battery which gives an awesome ROF/trigger response and gets you about 300fps. A job requiring some experience, but certainly achievable. I can supply the relevant links if you're interested. I must admit I haven't bothered, as pistols really are only any good at relatively short ranges and as such 220 fps is a lot friendlier and more than adequate.

So, AEP's very practical and reliable but not as realistic/fun as a GBB. I personally like the USP, but the M93R and Glock are essentially the same unit with different bodies, so really just a matter of preference in terms of model.

Hope this is of some help.

Comment

Thx you help a lot

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

george577 Find out more about george577
              Working...
              X