Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Underhand or acceptable?

Originally posted by cyberi4n View Post
    So much mis-information on here! First of all, its not a license! Your gun is NOT licensed, and neither are you! In order to purchase (NOT OWN) a RIF in the UK, or to import a RIF from abroad, you MUST have a defense under the VCRA. One such defense is that you are a member of an airsoft site that holds 3rd party insurance at the time of purchase. You can join a site on your first skirmish if they let you, or you may have to play a set probationary period or a set number of games until you satisfy their membership criteria. Once you are a paid up member of an airsoft site you are entitled to the benefits that being a member offers, such as a free game once a year, discounted games throughout the year, discounts with a retailer of choice that the site may have negotiated, a patch or one of those stupid pound-coin things that you put in trolleys, or a collection of mutant ninja turtle models in tactical cammo colours! If the site choose to make you up a membership card to prove you are a member, then that is up to them, but should come as part of a membership package in my eyes.

You are now covered by one of the defences, and should therefore be able to purchase RIFS to your hearts content. However...... You are NOT part of the UKARA scheme, and you are NOT licensed for anything (least of all to kill)

Most retailers in the UK now operate under the UKARA scheme. In order to participate in the UKARA scheme you need to be a member of an airsoft site holding third party insurance (your site membership number is proof of this - and cunningly is in the same format as the UKARA number ) and you need to have played three times in no less than 61 days. Once you have satisfied these criteria, you should fill out a UKARA form, get your home site to stamp said form, and post said form off to your retailer of choice who will then add your details to the database allowing you to make your purchase. The ONLY site involvement at this stage should be applying a stamp to the form, signing it, and adding your membership number if you don't know it. If a site charges for this, then its pretty stingy if you ask me.

Anything else a site does to facilitate getting you onto the database such as adding you themselves, or printing a laminated UKARA card etc etc is unnecessary, and whilst being a nice thing to do, should not be charged - or at the least should be an optional extra charge. If you are happy to pay that, then great. If your site tells you that the only way to get on the database is if they add you themselves, and charge you for the privilege OVER AND ABOVE THEIR MEMBERSHIP FEE, then that is in my opinion plain wrong.

Exactly how I felt reading this post?
    There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Comment

Originally posted by cyberi4n View Post
      Sorry, rant over *blush*

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      No, carry on. I would also like to hear your opinion on turtles .

Comment

So do I. I hope I'm not the only hater.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Comment

Not sure what your point is? For the record, turtles are cute

Last edited by cyberi4n; 15 January, 2014, 11:10.
          WE G39C GBB | ARES G36K EBB

Comment

The curious type isn't!
            sigpic
            "And this is why a two finger tap on the shoulder will suffice"

Comment

I like turtle soup.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian IWG View Post
                I like turtle soup.
                Ditto. The rarer the turtle the better. Nothing tastes as good as a protected turtle in soup.

Comment

Don't you find the shells a bit crunchy?

WE G39C GBB | ARES G36K EBB

Comment

Not if you use the shell as a nice bowl to eat the soup out of...

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

- - - Updated - - -

sm_ECU2008LS_0979.jpg

That's totally even grossed me out hehehe.

Comment

And the make a handy hat once you've had the soup.

Comment

A hat?!?! It would be a tactical helmet!

You could mount lights, NVG's and all sorts of stuff once you buy a four point harness like in a MICH

Comment

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

seansamurai1 Over the 30 mark but not over the hill yet!!! Find out more about seansamurai1
                          Working...
                          X