Ares tavor tar 21 mag release modification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ares tavor tar 21 mag release modification

Hi I looked long and hard on the web for a modification for my new area tar 21. The mag release was the issue. Sticking out and getting released by accident, dropping mags. I lost two on my last night game.

I removed the release trigger and cut 15mm from the bottom. This significantly reduces the possibility of accidental mag release. I hope this is of help to other areas tar 21 owners. This mod took 10min to complete.

Re: Ares tavor tar 21 mag release modification

How did you remove it ?

It's only been an issue for me a couple of times but I've gone for the polystyrene packing behind it option (even sharpied the polystyrene black).

Comment

Another way you can fix this without damaging any parts, is by fitting a thick O ring around the catch.
      IF YOU HAVE ANY L7A2 GPMG PARTS FOR SALE PLEASE MESSAGE ME

Comment

It very easy. Push the pin through that holds the mag release trigger in. Then simply cut 15mm off the bottom with a hacksaw. Smooth off any rough edges with sand paper. Put the shorter trigger back in. The mag release trigger no longer protudes out so you don't catch it accidentally .

- - - Updated - - -

You could as that will increase the pressure you need to release the mag. However it does not fix the primary problem, that the mag release trigger just sticks out too far. Even with an o ring, rubber band our stronger spring you can still catch it / knock it when you don't intend to dropping mags.

Comment

Originally posted by Wenttomo View Post
          It very easy. Push the pin through that holds the mag release trigger in. Then simply cut 15mm off the bottom with a hacksaw. Smooth off any rough edges with sand paper. Put the shorter trigger back in. The mag release trigger no longer protudes out so you don't catch it accidentally .

- - - Updated - - -

You could as that will increase the pressure you need to release the mag. However it does not fix the primary problem, that the mag release trigger just sticks out too far. Even with an o ring, rubber band our stronger spring you can still catch it / knock it when you don't intend to dropping mags.
          Got any pictures?

Comment

tbh, i did that to mine, and it solved a lot of issues, although i did it with it still on the gun, just carefully, i cut it as far back as i could, still easy to press
            Khathar hunnu bhanda marnu ramrod It is better to die, than live a coward

http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/...if?w=275&h=157

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Wenttomo Find out more about Wenttomo
            Working...
            X