Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trade engraving - any experiences?

Hello,

Just wondering if anyone knows someone reliable who is willing to engrave RIFs around Cambridge (preferably cheap...).

Ideally, I'd prefer to drop off the RIF myself and pick it up, as opposed to having it sent up and down the country...

Has anyone ever tried to engrave a complete RIF from somewhere like Timpsons (thinking of getting the bolt carrier, upper and lower receiver engraved)?
    Last edited by wo6873; 15 January, 2014, 16:29. Reason: Apologies!

Re: Trade engraving - any experiences?

you seem new here, please read the group rules regarding retails other than zero one.
    For Sale!
    TM M870 with a load of stuff
    A&K massada sniper spec
    Chronograph
    leaving airsoft so everything must go

Comment

Apologies to the mods and admins. Offending content has been removed!

Question about a shop similar to timpsons/ local airsofters having experience with getting kit engraved still stand!

Comment

I too, would like to have this done.

I personally have found it to be just a pain in the ass finding a perfectly 'blank canvas' M16 to have engraved (all I've been seeing have the manufacturer's/licensed engravings)...
        sigpic
        "I are God, lol."

Comment

Some people have had good response from local small jewlers, not the big chains like Hinds etc in shopping centres. Plonking a body of a gun down on their cases would cause some panic lol! And they will say no as they dont do it on site normally.

Theres a small place by me that apparantly does it as he also does trophies etc too, but i have never gone to him.

Theres a few places that do it though, but whether or not you trust them is a different story. Make sure you do a good search on them.

- - - Updated - - -

Some people have had good response from local small jewlers, not the big chains like Hinds etc in shopping centres. Plonking a body of a gun down on their cases would cause some panic lol! And they will say no as they dont do it on site normally.

Theres a small place by me that apparantly does it as he also does trophies etc too, but i have never gone to him.

Theres a few places that do it though, but whether or not you trust them is a different story. Make sure you do a good search on them.

WARNING. Post may contain traces of sarcasm. If you do not understand this, I pity your existence.

Comment

I've sent mine off to a certain airsoft retailer (who shall not be mentioned) and am waiting to recieve it back. They picked it up and will send it back for a fair price. If it comes out looking like anything on their website I will be very pleased indeed!

Comment

When you say engraving, do you mean etching or actual machining into the surface.
              If it is just etching then why not give templating a go. With the accuracy of modern day printers and a steady hand with a craft knife, masking tape the template to the receiver and carefully spray paint. Any mistakes can be removed easily and another attempt tried.
              Just a thought!
              sigpic
              "And this is why a two finger tap on the shoulder will suffice"

Comment

Timpsons will do them also try trophy shops. Wherever you go never take a full gun strip it down and only take in what you have to. IF at all unsure call in without it first and try explaining exactly what you want.
                The laptop is mightier than the pistol.

Comment

Thanks for the replies so far, ideally I want it to be machined into the RIF, as opposed to etching (decided to keep it simple and get full trades instead of an image in the end).

I have asked around a few shops but they were reluctant to actually engrave any real trades onto the RIF...

PS: Might still give etching a crack myself if I can't find someone to do it for a reasonable price!

Comment

Thought you might be interested as I just got my 416 engraved. Must say I'm very pleased with how it came out

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Comment

Looking good! I hope the retailer I dropped mine off has done a reasonable job.
                      So far my experience with this particular retailer isn't very positive...but having travelled 130+ miles I've still decided to give them a crack.
                      Let's hope they can redeem themselves by doing a decent job.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

wo6873 Find out more about wo6873
                      Working...
                      X