Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Theft From a Skirmish Site?

Hi,

I noticed a thread someone posted about having a rifle stolen "Stolen Vfc Bar", and this may sound naive, but I was shocked (if it was indeed stolen from a skirmish site).

Does anyone have any incidents of stolen airsoft goods (rifles, pistols etc)? It could have happened to you, or just someone you know?

I really feel for the guy who lost his 'Vfc Bar'.

Thanks,

Alex (mj23lj)
    Trader Feedback:
    New Forum: http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5557
    Old Forum: http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?9461-mj23lj

Re: Theft From a Skirmish Site?

I think my reaction was half shocked to be honest. We all like to think we can trust other players, in regards to playing safe, taking hits and to keeping their mits off our kit.

The problem is there will always be bad apples, we all go out shooting, leaving in many cases in excess of £1000 kit on a table. So in some respects it is inevitable

At the end of the day lockers are not convenient, so site owners may need to think seriously about a supervised safe zone, or unfortunately lock it all up when everyone is out.

Comment

This isn't good at all, especially when our sport is based on sodding trust!
      But yes, there will always be a few "Bad Apples" as Jagillham mentioned, whereever you go. Sadly some insist on playing airsoft...

Comment

You expect the safe zone to be safe. Not just for your eyes but for your kit too.
        SAVE OUR SPORT
        http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/ScottishGunBan/

Comment

i had a bottle of gas nicked once........... but never a gun.

Comment

Site owners should make it clear if their safe zone is secure or not, however I don't think they have any obligation to provide a secure area.

It can be a difficult situation for a site owner as they have no way to prove who owns what short of expecting people to check in every piece of equipment they bring to a game - not practical given that even the lightest of players can bring dozens of items.

At the end of the day, your equipment is your responsibility. That doesn't make the theft any less significant, but the blame can't exactly be placed anywhere other than the owner.
            /9 out.

Comment

its a shame that a game based on trust has people who are not trustworth any who hope you find your stolen goods and if u find out who did it before reporting to the police put him/her on a fireing line

Comment

It is something for site owners to address, although it may not be a legal obligation.

If players can't be sure their kit is safe, then people will go else where.

Sad if required, but maybe some CCTV coverage of the safe zone if possible?

Comment

Not experienced or heard of anything like this at Ambush Adventures, mind you the safezones are always manned by at least 1 Marshall.
                  Certainly would not like to think what would happen if a thief was caught....60 odd angry airsofters would surely put the right message across!

Comment

CCTV in the safe zone?

That'll be a truely sad day if that ever had to happen!

Comment

at First and only sites there is always at least one member of the team in the safe zone or very very near the safe zone. As in they are only a few meters outside if the game is near the safe zone. This is when no players are in the safe zone as well.

This Post may contain my opinions and if you disagree with them Tough S**T!

Comment

A Mate had a mac11 gas and magazines nicked
                        We have a good idea who done it some little chav kids who run through the site every sunday with there dog and think its funny to walk right into the middle off the battlezone and make us stop play
                        Sadly the site owner now cant really come up and watch us play or join in with the fighting or marshalling because he is sat at the safe zone with a pair off binoculars waiting to see if the kids would try it again
                        Sadly everything has to be thrown in people cars and locked in to prevent a quick snatch off any gear

Comment

Anyone know if UV pens work on the metal (or plastic) parts of the gun, if so we should standardise this to prevent people from nicking guns (not 100% but it'll drastically reduce it), how do you know its yours, its got your name on it
                          Current Armoury
                          TM M14 (OD) Red Dot Scope

ICS m16a3 - standard (as it should be!)

TM Spas 12

Comment

thats a good idea felix if anyone comes across a gun thats pretyy fishy wave a uv light over it and find the real owner

Comment

Felix, I was going to suggest something similar, but most of us change our kit more often than some people on here change their under crackers....

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

mj23lj Find out more about mj23lj
                              Working...
                              X