What do you think?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you think?

Simon gave me the idea to post this to see what you think?

someone joins and first post is to sell a GBB Pistol and its priced a bit low so you think "hmmmm - i likes a bargain"

soon after you get a pm saying there are 3 takers for the same thing so the fair thing to do is offer to the highest bidder

I have made my discission what to do - what are your thoughts?

Re: What do you think?

Well , that's not really on is it ?
    If it's advertised at a specified price then it should be sold for that price , its a for sale section not an auction section.

Walk away mate..
    Ekke Ekke Ekke Ekke Ptang Zoo Boing Zow Zing

Comment

Well I would say £x (depending on what the asking price was and how much i would be willing to go over it) was my highest offer and then leave it at that. They could be telling the truth, they could just be trying to get more cash, there is no way to tell realy. I have done this on one or two items. Depends how much you want the gun.

Comment

DUTCH AUCTION, tell him to knob off, the sort of person who does that is the sort of person who will more than likely dick you about.

Comment

Tell him to take the pistol, apply vaseline and stick it up the proverbial

Comment

interesting early replys

first up i believe its an inexperienced seller trying to do the right thing

and i have walked away

somone else can have it and i wish all well

Comment

Originally posted by spetsnazdave87 View Post
              Tell him to take the pistol, apply vaseline and stick it up the proverbial
              That sounds like a fun night in :D This made me snort coffee down my front, hope you are happy dave, now I need to change

Comment

As a seller, if i had three people competing for one item, I would sell it to whoever sends payment first. I get fed up of people saying they will buy something off you, tell you they have to wat for funds for a few days, then disappear.

As for a higher price, if someone offered me a better price than i was asking for i would take it, as a seller. As a buyer its just one of those things, there is about as much rigidity in sales that take place on forums as a piece of string. There will alwaya be flexibility. If its a buyer asking for a bit more off the price after a price has been agreed or in this case of a buyer offering more than the stated price to secure the item for themselves.

Comment

i work on the first in best dressed basis and like to think i conduct sales how i like to buy

i have a good idea whet i need to achieve from a sale and i am never greedy

all i have traded with i would do so again

and i am building up my own list of fair traders

Comment

Originally posted by Abbadon101 View Post
                    That sounds like a fun night in :D This made me snort coffee down my front, hope you are happy dave, now I need to change
                    I try To be honest, Ive been offered more in the past but unless it's been someone I know offering my original asking price when someones discussing a lower offer for my stuff I just think it's a bit of a tw*ttish thing to do tbh.

Comment

I have my feet in both camps on this one. About 99% of the time I would side with you Chris and say no, item has gone. It has happened to me with my Browning Hi Power.

It sold to a guy on here for £150 but about a day after, some guy came on and asked me if I still had it, I told him it sold the day before. He then came back and offered £160 if I would change my mind. I didn't.

Now I have never done this before, but I think I would have sold to the other guy if he had maybe offered £200.

Then again maybe not, writing this now it seems I have a conscience, and probably wouldn't feel too good about it.

When it happens I will tell you what I done.

Edit. Reading Daves post I think thats what i would do.
                      Feedback link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33181

Comment

i haven't been on the for sale section for a while.

if you've put the item up for sale with no price (which you can't do on here anymore right?) and someone offers a higher bid, then fair enough. that's an auction.

but if you've said 'this is 50 quid' and someone takes the deal, don't back out if someone offers more. that's greedy.

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/jonintheshell

Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/airsoftwargamefilms

Comment

Agree with the the above. If you put something up for sale then you should sell at that price. You should research prices first to ensure you are asking for a good amount for your item and that you are happy with that price.

I have pulled out of a sale before when someone had an asking price. I said I would match it and they agreed, then told me they had someone offering a bit more. I pulled out. I am sure they were just trying to get more money out of me as the item is still for sale (I pulled out of buying it about a month ago)

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

CGBully Find out more about CGBully
                          Working...
                          X