Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• URGENT - Loss/Misdelivery of a RIF

Hey everyone,

I recently purchased a non two toned M4 RIF and the supplier has sent it to the wrong delivery address. Its gone to my non term time address, but rather than going to my parents house its gone somewhere else entirely. I have no idea where other than the city, and the surname of the person who's signed for the package, but it isn't any of my neighbours. Additionally, I'm in another city so can't even go knocking on doors and try and locate it.

I haven't had the chance to contact the courier as its out of hours and I've just found out they delivered it at all but I'm at a loss as what to do and very worried that something bad could happen as a result of this, not to myself but whoever has received it. (You can imagine the worst case scenario's)

My question is this, do I need to contact the police?

Re: URGENT - Loss/Misdelivery of a RIF

If this has just happened then I would wait until tommorow to ring the courier. Contact them first before you do anything.

If you then cant locate it and it truly has gone missing, then I personally would contact my local police and let them know. Rather know and not need than need and not know, right?

Comment

Thanks for the fast reply.

I don't want to blow this out of proportion but you can imagine my worry over the whole thing. It was apparently delivered 10 hours ago, approx 15:00, but I've just not seen the message. Additionally, I haven't instantly called the police because we're under enough scrutiny and I don't want to add fuel to the fire, but my principal concern is that of who ever's got it.

I agree about waiting, but it's going to be a tense few hours to say the least.

Comment

I do think you are somewhat overreacting. First of all, most people don't open mail that has been incorrectly delivered or delivered to them because you were out. I speak as a (generally) respectful person who has been incorrectly delivered other people's items or left to look after them. The second thing to remember is that even if they do open it, the likelihood of them attempting an armed robbery with it are very slim.

If the courier could not deliver it to the address given on the parcel they they should have left a card detailing at which address it has been left at. Technically nothing illegal has happened. The person who received the RIF did so without getting any money so no law has been broken (if that was your other concern). Even so the gun is not technically theirs and they are just holding it.

If it's simply because you want your RIF then you will need to find the card or contact the courier and get them to ask the person who deals with deliveries in your area.
        Last edited by RedHawk; 28 January, 2014, 01:14.

Comment

One thing that has just occured to me actually, is that if you're tracking it online then I wouldnt trust it. I've had my parcel marked as delivered online before, when actually a delivery has been attempted and its due to be redelivered.

Comment

Thanks RedHawk.

Honestly, getting the gun was the least of my worries when I found out it was missing, and while I agree that most people wouldn't open a large sealed item my street has a lot of derivations -blank-/street/grove/cresent/place, and in the past we've had issues with our mail ending up in entirely the wrong place altogether. I've contacted my parents to ensure they haven't got a card stating they'd called by and had no luck, but nothing to that effect, but the online website lists that the item has been delivered, and the persons surname as who received it.

I realise calling the police in the first place would have a lot of ramifications, hence seeking more experienced advice first, but I have a duty as a responsible adult to ensure other peoples safety. I agree that waiting is the best course of action, but I needed to hear it from other peoples mouths before I could be sure.

I'd just like to say thanks for getting back to me though, believe me I'll be giving both the supplier and the courier an ear full first thing tomorrow morning...

Comment

This recently happened to a RIF i sent to a fellow member luckily enough the chap who it got posted too came round the next day with it.
              your local post office could have also signed for it, so it would look as if it were delivered.
              go and ask your local post office if it hasn't turned up in a couple of days

Comment

getting the gun was the least of your worries?

at the end of the day, treat it as a missing parcel, contact the shop/person to check the address they posted to. and contact the courier the tracking is with to see if they can tell you where it was delivered

as coski says, i wouldnt trust the tracking info too much, some couriers who act more like a subcontractor like myherpes or yodel, basically just have local area ppl they pay to deliver packages, almost as a 2nd job. ive had it a few times where they are marked as delivered because the person has come to my house, found im out and left a card, they book the parcel off system because they have to deliver certain quotas and such. and then they just get it to you the next day
                Khathar hunnu bhanda marnu ramrod It is better to die, than live a coward

http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/...if?w=275&h=157

Comment

As Redhawk says, don't lose any sleep over it, just cooly follow it up with the courier tomorrow, at the end of the day, put bluntly, someones ordered a toy from a shop and it's gone to the wrong address, that's all..
                  "This is my rifle, it's just a toy one, there are many like it, they're toy ones too, without it, i'm £250 better off, without me, it gathers dust in the corner, we're just big boys playing soldiers, lets try and remember that" play fair have fun.

Comment

To start with.
                    Was this a UKARA verified RIF?
                    The retailer should have sent it to those details only.
                    If it was secondhand, it might just still be in the system.
                    I had it with a computer a few years back.
                    Tracking said it was signed for and delivered.
                    The next day it arrived.
                    section 24 of the 1968 Act
                    Supplying imitation firearms to minors
                    1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                    2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Originally posted by bob86 View Post
                      like myherpes or yodel
                      That just made me laugh. :D 'MyHermes', as in Hermes the Greek messenger god. Herpes is that other thing. XD
                      TM > JG

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by shinobi14 View Post
                        That just made me laugh. :D 'MyHermes', as in Hermes the Greek messenger god. Herpes is that other thing. XD
                        Someone isn't getting the joke....
                        Real Sword SVD ¦ Cyma MP5K ¦ G&G GC16 M4 ¦ TM Hi Capa ¦ Tm MK23

Comment

Quick update, all sorted now. But not going to lie I'm a bit pissed off at the supplier (I will say it's not Zero One!) and the courier!

Comment

Great to hear it's sorted for you bud. Welcome to the risky business of buying toy guns online!
                            There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Comment

Out of interest, what happened to it?
                              h e y d r i c h
                              L T F S

tm ngrs scar l | tm ngrs ak102 | g&g arp556 | g&g arp9 | tm spas12 | we xdm | well mp7

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Lazurlus Find out more about Lazurlus
                              Working...
                              X