Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PBS Silencer

Hi Guys,

I have done some googling and cannot find anything...

Do you know if there are any PBS Style tracer units out there?

Surprised I haven't come across anything considering how popular the AK platform is AND the amount of different PBS style silencers you can get etc...
    But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
    I have spread my dreams under your feet;
    Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Re: PBS Silencer

to the best of my knowledge there isn't one on the market at the moment but G&G have released a couple of tracer units not THAT long ago and they do a PBS suppressor so it may only be a matter of time before one is in development
    'It shockingly outranges many m16's and ak's. I have taped both mags together for added firepower and reliablity.'

Comment

I use a Madbull PBS1 and they're big barrel extensions.
      It's a two piece with the innards packed with foam discs.

Might it be possible to remove the foam and mount the small B&T tracer unit inside the cavity?
      There is definitely enough room. The only challenge would be keeping it in place.
      Hmm.

Colour me curious.

Comment

I will be making one with a madbull pbs1 next month.
        -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
        -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

Due to your post, I did another Google and came across this....

PBS.jpg

So If I can find those two elements, I maybe onto a winner...

Comment

Basically as that picture, you simply remove the innards of a different tracer and drop it into the PBS.

Comment

... and here's me feeling clever. Old news it seems.
              I'll have a go as well, though I can't see it being a perfect fit right away. May take some cutting with a gemtech unit.

Comment

Haha, done it to a few other silencers, ics QDs and those funny twist on ones.

Use the insides of a B&T Tracer as theyre cheaper than the madbulls.

Comment

Ok. I had two extra parts not doing anything. They were:

1) Madbull PBS1 Barrel Extension
                  2) Madbull Gemtech Tracer Unit

So here's what I've done. It took me all of 10 minutes.

Take apart the PBS1, remove foam rings from inside cavity.
                  Remove cage from the tracer unit.
                  Remove rear thread adapter, leaving only clear plastic casing.
                  Remove lengthy on/off button from the tracer unit. This exposes a smaller blue button underneath.
                  Place 2 foam rings back into the cavity and depress them to the bottom. This removes the gap between the two tubes. Check they're properly in place by looking through.
                  Insert tracer unit into PBS1. It is the perfect width and length when using 2 foam discs as spacers.
                  Screw PBS1 back together.

Done.

No wonder Madbull are looking to release one. They've already built the bastard parts!
                  It works perfectly too.

Comment

Ah fair enough if youve got the bits!

Comment

shut-up-and-take-my-money-9299-400x250.jpg

Comment

I'll try and knock up a second one, mate. I only had the one gemtech but I'll see if the old TM ones work as well. Think they're shorter and fatter.

Comment

So i decided to save myself £70 (madbull tracers are way overpriced) and use a B&T.

Tiny amount of hot melt glue moulded to the shape of the batteries to hold them in the right place, and a notch and screw to hold the battery cap true.
                          Switched on permanently, the battery cap is now the switch, turned on and off by loosening the two halves of the suppressor (loose = off)
                          To keep it off simply pop it open and flip the battery cap over.

Comment

could save even more by fitting a UV LED in your hop unit, if my camera behaves ill get a pic
                            trading WE M16A1 for CYMA or RS SVD with PSOP
                            http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...ting-trades%29

Comment

Originally posted by ste887 View Post
                              could save even more by fitting a UV LED in your hop unit, if my camera behaves ill get a pic
                              true, but this is a little more drop in than that. plus marui recoils are scary on the inside.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Talbert Find out more about Talbert
                              Working...
                              X