airsofting in the USA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: airsofting in the USA

You might be OK with the jacket, if you're wearing it, but kit in your luggage will attract the wrong type of attention.

USCS have less of a sense of humour than the worst mod here on their worst day. Even with the UK flag, I'd still suggest avoiding it. One wrong word and they'll have you on the next plane back.

EDIT: Stargazer, more a general warning not to pi**-off USCS than an actual prediction that they'll get the KY out. But, don't put it past them, as I said above, they have no leeway whatsoever and still make me nervous after going through there loads of times.
    sigpic

Comment

lol ok well maybe ill leave that behind then
      they should be fine if i bought a set of say multicam back to the uk or a ghillie for example?
      Originally posted by parky
      If you're looking for a good sniper, I hear Vassily Zaitsev is good this time of year.

It's sniper RIFLE.

What do they teach these 19 year olds these days...

Comment

As long as they can see that you're no threat to the plane that you'll be boarding, they don't give a toss what you're taking out as long as it's legal.
        sigpic

Comment

okey dokey
          thanks for that advice robin
          also my uncle is a us citizen so would that give me some leeway or not really
          If you're looking for a good sniper, I hear Vassily Zaitsev is good this time of year.

It's sniper RIFLE.

Comment

I wouldn't have thought so. Having been to NY and witnessed the American customs, They have little or no sense of humour and take things very seriously at customs check in. Mind you this was in the March shortly after 9/11.

But they haven't changed much since then by all accounts. My Brother nearly got himself arrested on the flight home after a holiday there.

They had misbooked his seats and his 4yr old daughter was in a seat by herself about 4 rows up from him and his wife.

He kicked off and they didn't give a flying fart called airport security and threatened to have him kicked of the plane and arrested.
            Feedback link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33181

Comment

If you're staying with him, it may well do as you have to declare the address that you'll be staying at when you go through customs. If they see that you'll be staying with a relative, it may make a difference.

But then again, this is USCS we're talking about....
              sigpic

Comment

hm okay well ill ask the guy at the airsoft shop then.
                i will also try to get some photos of the skirmish

It's sniper RIFLE.

Comment

i lived there for 15 years..first look on Florida Airsoft..its a forum for all florida teams and where they play..Also look on Mindgames productions...they do large games in florida and have lots of links...tell mack , lucky lefty sent you...They will love your Brit uniforms and dont worry about taking them...plus take brit dessy kit as it works well at alot of the areas you eill play at because of the paper trees they have in the everglades...Thay organise to play in most wooded or everglade type Areas..just bring BBs, drink , BBq, shelter chairs and basicly prepare to camp out all weekend playing airsoft..People come and go all day and night but theres always at least 50 people there..Just look out for the heat..Drink lots and rest every hour for 15 minutes ..and keep drinking
                  You will love it..but the heat is a killer..so your load out is light ..the players are great and you will not want to come home...till you get your first hurricane...Where are you staying...town..area..
                  sigpic

Comment

So just to check, having a set of DPM trousers (or pants as you will need to call them) in your luggage, folded neatly, will get you hassle from US customs?

Lucky left you are a fan of you're full stops....
                    "For us, it keeps parenting essentials, a phone, a digital SLR camera and pistol magazines all neatly organised and accessible" - 5.11 Review

'Basically, Airsoft is Prom Night' - Brother Captain Ryan

Comment

not at all...They do have good security at there airports now , but having a uniform will not trigger alarms..so not to worry..And if you take AEG"S you can with virgin airlines as long as you inform them and they are in lockable cases..
                      sigpic

Comment

awsome, would love to game in the u.s, planning next year on going on hols there, deffinately go as a rental to see the craic.

theres a place in canada that do cqb in an old abandoned hospital, would also be highly awsome.

Boris
                        K98 sale ----> http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...43#post1216243

Comment

If it helps at all, I went through US customs in Washington DC after flying from London with DPM trousers on (find they are so much more comfy for a long flight than jeans), and didnt get any odd looks or problems
                          G&G TR15 Raider XL, CA G36K, G&G MP5A4, Cyma Thompson, APS AKS-74U, Custom TM Uzi, DE M56, WE Nighthawk X2, Cyma Glock 18C
                          RD Customs MG42, The Bone Cannon And Project Balderdash.

If you aren't laughing, you're doing it wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by kommissarboris View Post
                            theres a place in canada that do cqb in an old abandoned hospital, would also be highly awsome.

Boris
                            You mean like AWA herts Urban? :P
                            G&G TR15 Raider XL, CA G36K, G&G MP5A4, Cyma Thompson, APS AKS-74U, Custom TM Uzi, DE M56, WE Nighthawk X2, Cyma Glock 18C
                            RD Customs MG42, The Bone Cannon And Project Balderdash.

If you aren't laughing, you're doing it wrong.

Comment

@ lucky lefty im staying in Lake Wales.. 45 mins from Orlando, yea Florida airsoft webby ive been looking at alot, looks real good

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

blackwater Find out more about blackwater
                              Working...
                              X