How to make a Ghillie Suit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to make a Ghillie Suit?

Ok, im a starter sniper and going skirmishing in a few days and was wondering how to make a ghillie suit not using 'ready-made' nets, suits etc.
    Just a plain hoody to work with
    Leaves etc. from garden
    String couple of rubber bands etc.
    Not that bothered how good it is aslong it camoflauges me a little bit at least

Cheers.:D:D

Re: How to make a Ghillie Suit?

get some thin elastic straps black or olive drab/green (if black paint olive drab/green) then sew them on every 1cm or so then you have a 'molle' style loop system to attach twigs,grass, leaves etc....

and don't take the camo from your garden, take it from the skirmish site as thats the environment you want to be camo'd in!
    RC Aircraft for sale or swap with M4! - http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=53131

Comment

Don't.

This is why:

Originally posted by Bolt-Sniper
      im a starter sniper

Go for atleast three of four times using a bolt action rifle only, to get a feel for it before considering camouflage more seriously.

Get your tactics mastered before you use a ghillie suit, that way you'll have a much better understanding of it all..

If you can go undected without one, then when you come to use one it'll be far more effective.

Right, now to answer your question.

Use a webtex concealment vest as a base. Cut up scrim and burlap, and spray paint in different shades of green & brown ect.
      I know people say dye the material, but it's far simpler and quicker to use Krlyon or similar.

Using a glue gun, glue the burlap and scrim onto the neck and shoulders. Make sure you've cut them into small pieces though, and cover as much as you can.
      Keep the colours random, don't unify it. And keep the elastic bands clear for foileage ect.

There are different ways, but that's only one of them.

Some tips:
      • go on youtube
      • go on google
      • match it to your enviroment
      • 60% synthetic / 40% natrual

B20.
      Last edited by bravotwozero; 25 March, 2010, 16:40.

Comment

http://www.ghilliesuits.com/ enjoy

Comment

just remember:

But in all fairness dont bother with one if you are only just starting airsoft, you may see people with assault rifles or light machine guns and take a fancy to them.
          Airsoft sniping isn't sitting in one spot, its also a lot of 'shoot n scoot' - (one shot and move)

Good luck!

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sULe0Sc4-Gw

That is a good series of vid's to understand how to make one and what it is for. But I agree with bravotwozero, go without one, just using normal camo's and a scarf for the face and head. You will get to learn how to use the surrounding to camouflage yourself much better. It is as much about choosing your position as about what you wear.

You should try and be in an unexpected place, that way they look there last. I have snipped with just my M16 and normal S95's and did well as I chose positions that covered me well from all angles (but I prefere running around getting stuck in TBH)

Comment

Cheers for your advice guys, I just gunna go with simple camo
              Thanks again:D:D

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Bolt-Sniper |TM VSR-10 PRO SNIPER|G&G GR-16 Carbine| Find out more about Bolt-Sniper
              Working...
              X