Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bringing a RIF through the UK border

Hey folks

So I am in the USA and wish to bring a couple of RIFs back to the UK. I have a UKARA and was wondering what documentation I'll need ready at the border.

Thanks!

Re: Bringing a RIF through the UK border

Im guessing you would need to check USA customs and the UK, but as far as retailers do it, it needs a note with your UKARA number on it stating it is a replica firearm, you might also have to pay fees to bring it back, im not sure on this but there are plenty of people on this forum with a good amount of knowledge on this subject, best thing to do is contact both the USA and UK customs and ask how you would go about doing it as airport security is higher than ever, better to get some legal confirmation on posting the RIF first than asking forum users in my opinion.

Comment

Thanks for the reply Dave.

If anyone has any experience bringing a RIF through UK customs, I would love to hear what happened and how things work.

Comment

I've bought guns from HK before and they got through ok the retailer puts the UKARA number on the box so I suppose if you ask the right person before and you provide them with UKARA etc they would let you take it through.

(I don't see why not anyway considering its basically the same)

Comment

Thanks for the responses guys; I appreciate it.

I am still debating with myself if I should bring the guns with me home in my suitcase, or just send it home via international mail (It will be pricey, but will avoid confrontation and possible arrests at the border)

If anyone has actually taken a gun through the UK border, please let me know exactly how it went.

Thanks!

Comment

As well as both US and UK customs, I'd imagine you should contact the airline you'd be flying with, let them know what is in your bag and what its for. Also, I'd make a point of declaring it through customs.
            Upcoming Games:
            None

Armoury: G&G GR15 Raider-L, KJW P226, Cybergun M3, TM MP5 (x2)
            Gear: British MTP, Warrior Assault Systems RICAS, Magnum Elite II Boots

Comment

Originally posted by Mickydoos View Post
              As well as both US and UK customs, I'd imagine you should contact the airline you'd be flying with, let them know what is in your bag and what its for. Also, I'd make a point of declaring it through customs.
              Will be doing that - I wouldn't want to imagine what could happen if I didn't declare it at the border and got my bag searched

Comment

I've gone to Spain a few years ago and bought back a gas pistol and cheap electric m4 for my lil bro. Just put it in the suitcase. Job done.

Comment

Originally posted by W0lf View Post
                  I've gone to Spain a few years ago and bought back a gas pistol and cheap electric m4 for my lil bro. Just put it in the suitcase. Job done.

Interesting; so no customs declaration?

Comment

no.. just put it in the case with the rest of the random souvenirs. i imagine it would depend how realistic it is.. a gbbr m4 i would imagine is a big no as under an xray you may see the bolt/ trigger mech which looks similar to the real thing.

Comment

Looking to bring back an AK74SU aeg and 1911 co2 pistol - they are in real colours.

Comment

Originally posted by Joshcas View Post
                        1911 co2 pistol
                        That I suspect won't make it as far as the plane.
                        Main Armoury: CYMA Zhukov AK | G&P M7A1 | PTS Masada AKM

Comment

Originally posted by GiantKiwi View Post
                          Why so? There are no co2 capsules with it - I don't believe any part of the gun is compressed. Nothing explosive.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by GiantKiwi View Post
                          Why so? There are no co2 capsules with it - I don't believe any part of the gun is compressed. Nothing explosive.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Joshcas 1911s and aks ;) Into website design, airsoft, photography and.. planes If you can't get ahold of me on here for some reason feel free to email me at [email protected] Find out more about Joshcas
                          Working...
                          X