Should airsoft have a sin bin ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should airsoft have a sin bin ??

So For anyone who has played at least some other sports .. should know what a sin bin is ...
    if not .. its basically if a player messes up they have to go in the sin bin for 10 min ...
    would this work in airsoft ??
    i.e if a player doesn't take his hits or mess around and causes a bit of disruption .. he should leave that game .. and go sit in a sin bin .. i.e or a small tent ...
    i think it would be good cause it stops the marshals loosing there rag as well as other players .. and could also be seen as a bit of a comical thing for both the player getting disaplined as well as the other players ... so it could indeed stop tensions rising
    any way what is your views ??

Re: Should airsoft have a sin bin ??

I could imagine a lot of players being sin binned for 'non hit taking' when the enemy shooter is obviously not very good at aiming. I often see it, and you get the same people game after game screaming "Take your hits! You @*?^!" While their shots are dropping 10 metres short. Plus I can see a lot of people leaving in a grump due to being sat out of a game they paid for if they were wrongly accused.

Comment

yeah i can see that nut im thinking of it only being used in cases when a player constantly breaks the rules ..

Comment

A marshal never loses his or her rag. They are there to monitor and referee the game impartially. If a player is found to be acting not within accordance with the game construct, they should be challenged and dealt with appropriately.
        There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Comment

Yeah, I agree with that. I mean I would love the whole 'name and shame' thing associated with having to sit in the sin bin
          However, if it were me I'd have them wear a dunce hat and sit on a stool in the corner :D

Comment

Originally posted by Burmaluke View Post
            Yeah, I agree with that. I mean I would love the whole 'name and shame' thing associated with having to sit in the sin bin
            However, if it were me I'd have them wear a dunce hat and sit on a stool in the corner :D
            There are some I'd like to get by the throat and lay into till their face is nought but an unrecognisable mushy pulp, but it's only a game we all play after all.
            There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Comment

I find a good old fashion site ban works well for non hit takers!
              "Being offended provides no objective indication of "right" & "wrong". It's nothing more than a barometer of your own emotional control."- Ricky Gervais

Comment

A site I go to every now and then has a rule that the slowest or last person to leave the safe zone for the game is given a death by firing squad as they walk out towards the field haha some poor kid last time was so afraid that he wouldn't leave the safe zone... Should've loaded up quicker if he didn't want to get shot :P

Comment

Originally posted by BAMF View Post
                  A marshal never loses his or her rag.
                  In a ideal world, but marshalls are human too and as such subject to all the foibles others suffer from. Marshalls can be wrong, can make bad decisions if having a bad day etc.

I'm not knocking marshalls here, I think they all do a great job and we'd be knackered without them.
                  The laptop is mightier than the pistol.

Comment

I find that starting the game without them tends to speed things up.

Tbh, it would put me in quite a bad mood if that happened. Especially if its somewhere where Ive just spent 4 hours on the road to get to, hit a bit of traffic on the way or whatever.
                    section 24 of the 1968 Act
                    Supplying imitation firearms to minors
                    1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                    2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

ok how about a voted sin bin so say if a marshal wanted to put a player in a sin bin he would have to get atleats 10 votes from other players ??
                      then it doesn't put all the emphases on a marshal .. but i was thinking as a sin bin as a 2nd to last resort instead of just kicking a player off site ?

Comment

Originally posted by BigAl View Post
                        In a ideal world, but marshalls are human too and as such subject to all the foibles others suffer from. Marshalls can be wrong, can make bad decisions if having a bad day etc.

I'm not knocking marshalls here, I think they all do a great job and we'd be knackered without them.
                        Quite correct Al. Though I only speak for myself.

There's nothing I enjoy more than screaming and shouting at players to get their adrenaline flowing, but it's all done in context and good humour. Most would agree that I'm a loud mouthed tosser offline too!

Comment

My local has a "walk of shame" for a few infractions: faffing with eye-pro in the skirmish area, cheat calling, getting MED wrong etc... Player has to go and sit on a naughty step in the safe zone for 10 minutes.

Could be considered a bit soft, but being on a small island with only one site means a site ban would mean no airsoft for some, so I can see why the site owner takes that line. (worth adding, the standard of play is pretty good, I feel because the regulars keep up a very good standard themselves, and new players tend to take their lead).

Site bans have their consequences too. I took a mainland trip to a site last year that I have to assume is the place where players who have been banned from every other site in the south of England end up. Worst day of airsoft I've ever had: simultaneous cheat calling while not taking hits, hot guns, "big men" squaring off and general dickery.

If only better sites could have had a remedial intervention earlier in the airsoft career of these reprobates, perhaps we wouldn't have such dens of scum and villany to snare unwary island boys like me when we venture onto the Big Island.

Comment

How about a football card system .. For example 3 yellows followed by a red .. Then sin bin or walk of shame ..

Sent from my Lumia 610 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by poacher2k View Post
                              How about a football card system .. For example 3 yellows followed by a red .. Then sin bin or walk of shame ..

Sent from my Lumia 610 using Tapatalk
                              At the end of the day there will always be idiots either not taking hits or the partially blind who accuse people of not taking their hits. I find the most effective thing to do is let a Marshall know if you're definately sure the person isn't taking their hit and then let them take it from there. After all, I sometimes don't even realise I'm hit cos it will bounce off my rigging, same as most people, so I'd be pretty pissed off if a Marshall ran over like a football ref and showed me a yellow card.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

poacher2k ex - front line infantry Find out more about poacher2k
                              Working...
                              X