new hit taking rule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: new hit taking rule

Luke, if its for those who look around and keep playing, or have the bbs bouncing off them, and evidently spotted by a marshal, then in my eyes, they should just be taken off site.
    All giving them an armband does is give them more chance to ruin someones day. Yes they may be watched, but doesnt prevent it from re-occuring,

Comment

If I heard a site was doing this, then I wouldn't want to play at the site. If that's how they deal with players accused of not taking hits then it doesn't say a lot for the marshalls

Comment

I've taken to saying something.

Getting shot isn't nice. It hurts (if hit in the right place).

If you can hit them once, you can hit them again - aim somewhere they're more likely to feel it.

Keep doing that, and they'll take it eventually - might not be happy, but that's nothing compared to how annoying someone not taking hits is.

I wear quite a bit of equipment - a full OTV (crotch guard and 'angel wings' included), thigh guards, a British army mine-clearance helmet (more often than not with the visor up), neck guard (only on the back of my neck) and I tuck my trousers into my boots. People take one look at me and think I won't take hits.

98-99% of the time I do. If you don't feel it, you can often hear it hit you. You may be taking ricochets as hits or even (in my case) a crotch guard catching on a thigh guard and popping off as a hit, but in airsoft, you're barely out for five minutes.

An incident that occured last weekend (while playing with Trouble), a Dynatex went off about 6-7ft in front of me, but I was so focused on where my gun was pointed I didn't realise until Trouble pointed it out after I shot him. That was my mistake and a pure lack of awareness...
        sigpic
        "I are God, lol."

Comment

well unless the guy is wearing some sort of ear plugs or radio head gear lol

Comment

Originally posted by poacher2k View Post
            well unless the guy is wearing some sort of ear plugs or radio head gear lol
            Ear plugs... I can understand if you're scared of grenades, but then if you're scared of grenades why play a game that involves grenades?

Headsets... I can understand, but if you've got one that completely cancels out background noise, surely that would be a safety issue? Wouldn't be able to know when there were any cease fires or even when the game ends.
            sigpic
            "I are God, lol."

Comment

unless someone is half deaf lol
              i think this is going to be one of thoughs debates that there will never be a sure fire way to find a solution
              unless you make everything who plays airsoft go for a psychic evaluation lol

Comment

im starting to think that nobody actuly reads a post before they comment on it.

if it helps think of it this way:- you wouldnt steal from a shop because its wrong but some people dont think that way so "the man" says if you steal you go to jail so most of people dont steal because of not wanting to be punished.

its not so much about catching them its to create a deterent to try and stop a player screaming at a bush " TAKE YOUR FUCKING HIT YOU FUCKING CUNT STAIN TWAT FUCKING PRICK" (actual quote i heard at another site from a bloke shooting at a 13yr old rental) its like the nuclear deterent.

and final point of this post...how many non-hitakers do you have at your site because sunday there were none not even from the 14 rentals we had.

Sent from my GT-S5830i using Tapatalk 2

Comment

close action is one of the best sites that i know of for people taking there hits ... its always been well balanced and the marshals also join in on game play and they are fats to point out if your not taking your hits .. and i have noticed that they never go overboard on someone that isnt taking there hits but it is the calm professional attitude of the marshals which have deterred cheaters

Comment

I think player marshals are a big help in cutting down on cheats but let's face it, we've all been hit and not felt it at least once. I got hit on the fabric of my trousers once, no sound nor did I feel it. Marshal pointed it out to me and I took it.

Would hate to be labelled as a cheat for that and if it's persistent then the door should be shown
                    Upcoming Games:
                    None

Armoury: G&G GR15 Raider-L, KJW P226, Cybergun M3, TM MP5 (x2)
                    Gear: British MTP, Warrior Assault Systems RICAS, Magnum Elite II Boots

Comment

I do prefer sites where marshals get involved and play hmm sounds like a descusion lol

Sent from my Lumia 610 using Tapatalk

Comment

i think it really comes down to better marshalling at the end of the day .. when it comes to hit taking ...
                        or go into the car park and slug it out .. but thats my own views lol
                        Better marshalling huh?

So using my site as an example:

We typically have 4 - 6 marshals in game at any time, floating around the main hot spots.
                        The site is 35 acres
                        26 buildings
                        Woods
                        Undulating ground with "dead ground"
                        In the summer the grass is over 3ft tall

The only way to achieve "better marshalling" is to have one on one marshalling. We are extremely fortunate and grateful that many of our marshals do it out of the goodness of their heart or in exchange for a free game. But if we had to pay every single marshal, the costs would rise so much that green fees would need to rise in order to cover costs.

We don't need more marshals or even better marshals. We need players to realise it is a game and getting shot is nothing to be ashamed of and to play fairly. The marshals are there primarily for safety. Rule enforcement is a photo finish second.

Comment

unless someone is half deaf lol
                          i think this is going to be one of thoughs debates that there will never be a sure fire way to find a solution
                          unless you make everything who plays airsoft go for a psychic evaluation lol
                          Why would we want to be tested if we have psychic powers or not?
                          "Being offended provides no objective indication of "right" & "wrong". It's nothing more than a barometer of your own emotional control."- Ricky Gervais

Comment

Originally posted by loki7491 View Post
                            Better marshalling huh?

So using my site as an example:

We typically have 4 - 6 marshals in game at any time, floating around the main hot spots.
                            The site is 35 acres
                            26 buildings
                            Woods
                            Undulating ground with "dead ground"
                            In the summer the grass is over 3ft tall

The only way to achieve "better marshalling" is to have one on one marshalling. We are extremely fortunate and grateful that many of our marshals do it out of the goodness of their heart or in exchange for a free game. But if we had to pay every single marshal, the costs would rise so much that green fees would need to rise in order to cover costs.

We don't need more marshals or even better marshals. We need players to realise it is a game and getting shot is nothing to be ashamed of and to play fairly. The marshals are there primarily for safety. Rule enforcement is a photo finish second.
                            Meant to click thanks instead of like.

I still think marshals should make it more subtle when they're keeping an eye on a player.

From my experience, player marshals are incredibly effective. Very few if any issues with hit taking when player marshals are about.

It may be because players are always subconsciously aware of the player marshals, and take their hits, as they know it may well have been a marshal that shot them.
                            sigpic
                            "I are God, lol."

Comment

Ok I see your point .. But then I don't think I have been to your site
                              You may be one if the better sites that U have yet have played at :D
                              I gues its give and take then

Sent from my Lumia 610 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by LukeCDC View Post
                                its not so much about catching them its to create a deterent to try and stop a player screaming at a bush " TAKE YOUR HIT ".
                                ban cheat calling - stops ppl shouting at bushes

and take ppl out of games for cheating - not being able to play is a lot more of a deterent than wearing an armband

not only that, but if you have ever used armbands for teams, you will know an armband isnt always obvious, plus if you are already using armbands, it gets very confusing
                                Khathar hunnu bhanda marnu ramrod It is better to die, than live a coward

http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/...if?w=275&h=157

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

LukeCDC Long days and pleasant nights Find out more about LukeCDC
                                Working...
                                X