X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mad Max O-Rings?

Hello
    Here's a question to the infinite knowledge (and sometimes abuse) fountain-
    Is there somewhere to get some replacement O-rings for HS sawnoff shotgun shells in the real world?
    IE, DIY shops and the like? They must be a conventional size, so i was wondering if any of you chaps would know?
    Cheers,
    'Drews

Re: Mad Max O-Rings?

There is a company called polymax which do any size of oring you would need, I used both 4x1.5 N70 and BS006 N70 for the top valve oring on the shotgun shells. One of them is smaller but thicker and the other is larger but thinner but I have used both and either works ok.

Comment

Nice. Are they tougher, and last more than a couple of shots?

Comment

They do various types of orings of different quality but the those are pretty standard, When I was using the standard shells i was using high powered co2 and more often than not the oring would blow off the valve anyway so i just replaced them as needed. The orings are cheap if you are buying in bulk but i have since moved onto using the madbull ss6 shells instead which are a lot better and need less maintenance.

Comment

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...highlight=sawn

Check out the bottom of the review and do a search of these very forums as I think there is a thread about modding the guns to use madbull ss6 shotgun shells (which work flawlessly)

If Carlsberg made Airsoft teams..............They would still get raped by the G.Z.C.F

Comment

I'm well aware of the 6 mod, and it's underway, i just dont want to throw the shells away if i can fix them. I know how to improve intact o rings, i just need them first.

Comment

im hopefully picking up one of these shottys over the weekend so i'll be looking into this aswell, but where i work the maintanence department has a large selection of O rings so i'll start there then if none fit ill try RS, screwfix or Toolstation they all do selction boxes of O rings. another option is theres also a shop near where i work that if i take an O ring down there they could order them in.

so basicsly try RS components ,screwfix and Toolstation that would be my first port of call.

Sent from my GT-S5830i using Tapatalk 2

Comment

"Sheffield bearings" sell all the right size o rings, I'm sure if you sent them an o ring they would be able to tell you which ones you need to order

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

i stripped one of the resoviors down and remoced the seals and took them to Brammer and they measured them and are now going to make/supply some new O rings, not sure if they're going to do the oil seal though.

Sent from my GT-S5830i using Tapatalk 2

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

tomdrews Find out more about tomdrews
                  Working...
                  X