Marshals and game play

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marshals and game play

What's your views on marshals joining in games instead of them taking a back seat ?

From personal experiance I found a site where marshals joined in and played and not just marshalled
    Or strapped on a bright shirt ... They just dived in and played ... I really found it much more welcoming
    Anyway what's your views ?

Sent from my Lumia 610 using Tapatalk

Re: Marshals and game play

It is a conflict of interests in my view.

You should be working or playing. Not both.

Comment

I think the odd player marshall that reports bad gameplay back to normal marshals is a good thing. But primarily marshals should be the normal hi vis wearing variety
      Upcoming Games:
      None

Armoury: G&G GR15 Raider-L, KJW P226, Cybergun M3, TM MP5 (x2)
      Gear: British MTP, Warrior Assault Systems RICAS, Magnum Elite II Boots

Comment

I don't know my local site has the marshals playing but also working at the same time and from alot of new players that have gone to this site even after trying others found it alot more relaxed ... I'm not saying that it would work on all site but this defnitly does

Sent from my Lumia 610 using Tapatalk

Comment

My local has dedicated marshals who carry guns just in case. The guy who kind of runs the whole shabang kind of marshals and plays- no problems.
          "Being offended provides no objective indication of "right" & "wrong". It's nothing more than a barometer of your own emotional control."- Ricky Gervais

Comment

no, if you are playing, you cant really keep an eye on things or be availiable to other players....

however, i think its good if a site has almost an extra marshall, to allow one to drop their duties for a game and play. but commit to play, in other words lose the shirt and radio and if something happens, ignore calls for a marshall unless its medical, and any probs call one of the other marshalls over, unless its right in front of you, IE guy stood beside you gets lit up and just keeps playing

player marshalls work ok for info passing, but remember, any good player should be telling teammates that they are hit if they dont notice, and should be reporting teflon warriors anyway

i have a very dim view of marshalls that work and feel the need for a gun, truth shots or whatever you want to call them are bullshit in my book
            Khathar hunnu bhanda marnu ramrod It is better to die, than live a coward

http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/...if?w=275&h=157

Comment

While I do not marshal airsoft, I do marshal at a paintball site. Granted, not the same but both are action sport games with the adrenaline rush.

It's hectic as hell with 120+ rentals and I certainly could not effectively monitor the situation efficiently as a player. As the first aider too, I find it imperative that I keep my mind focused on marshaling rather than playing.

Comment

At the F&O sites i marshal at, We play half the day and Marshal half the day. Balances up the day so theres both in game marshals and vested marshals all throughout the day.
                Originally posted by FireKnife
                Firing a MAC-11 is like a guy with premature ejaculation having sex with a stunning and filthy woman.

So much win but over way to quickly.

Comment

Best site I ever played at the all the marshalls were playing, they kept the games well balanced and fair and most of all fun. Every time I have played there I always feel they do a better job than just about anywhere else I have played as well. Plus shooting marshalls is always fun :P

Comment

Having been to a site that has no marshals (only choice for two years) I am so glad of sites that do.

However I think you need both a set number of marshals (one per 15-20 players seems the average I find) and then a few well known players to be the player marshals but they only report additional issues to the marshals, not administer anything in game.

To me player marshals should be like City Wardens or PCSOs, they have the power to observe and relay but nothing else. But they should also not be as useless as Wardens or PCSOs too.

'FireKnife'
                    68 Pistols and counting in over 8 years of airsoft.
                    Got a spare 10mins or are bored? Check out my film reviews: http://200filmsbeforeyoudie.wordpress.com

Comment

That happens plenty anyway!

When I find out who's running the book on marshal kills there'll be trouble

Comment

We've used player-marshals a lot down here, and they typically receive better feedback from the players. Player-marshals get much more stuck in, and figure out if something's gone awry a lot more quickly than someone that just stands on the sidelines.

Let's face it, the job of a marshal can get boring, and it's pretty easy in woodland to find yourself looking at a cloud now and then when you should be noticing the kiddie trying his hand at blindfiring while you're not looking. Player-marshals have something to keep their attention and have a better relationship with the players among them.

After all, we're all here for a good time, right?

Comment

a good mix of standard and players, i have found to work well, and even if you dont agree with player marshals a "player marshals will be ingame today" speech in the breif works wonders
                          trading WE M16A1 for CYMA or RS SVD with PSOP
                          http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...ting-trades%29

Comment

Originally posted by Eden View Post
                            We've used player-marshals a lot down here, and they typically receive better feedback from the players. Player-marshals get much more stuck in, and figure out if something's gone awry a lot more quickly than someone that just stands on the sidelines.

Let's face it, the job of a marshal can get boring, and it's pretty easy in woodland to find yourself looking at a cloud now and then when you should be noticing the kiddie trying his hand at blindfiring while you're not looking. Player-marshals have something to keep their attention and have a better relationship with the players among them.

After all, we're all here for a good time, right?
                            Although the size of the groups kinda necessitated player marshals in that case :P
                            Main Armoury: CYMA Zhukov AK | G&P M7A1 | PTS Masada AKM

Comment

I think if they are there to marshal they should marshal and not participate. Just as loki said with working and playing but I do appreciate the off duty marshal who plays and assists the on duty marshals, when he has to, while just enjoying his day skirmishing.
                              Cardiff University Airsoft Society
                              Like our Facebook page.
                              And subscribe to our YouTube channel!
                              sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

poacher2k ex - front line infantry Find out more about poacher2k
                              Working...
                              X