WE 1911A1 or WE Hi-Capa 5.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WE 1911A1 or WE Hi-Capa 5.1

Evening everyone, been looking at two pistols but torn by the two. Both are alike and I like the two, but the money growls at me. Only to choose one...
    You guys list the pros and cons of the two.

Old school 1911, or the new and modern '2011' - You decide !

-Post what you guys think! :D
    WE 1911A1
    52.00%
    WE Hi-Capa 5.1
    48.00%

The poll is expired.

Re: WE 1911A1 or WE Hi-Capa 5.1

hate the design of both but hate the M more.

Get a ergonomically perfect glock.

Comment

Hi, new to the forum. I have used the 5.1 on many occasions, and unless you have a WW2 obsession, would really recomend it over the M1911. The 1911 only holds 15 BB's which was the main reason why I didnt buy one, whils the Hi-Capa holds 31 and you can now get 50 round mags for the trigger happy. Build quality is great (Better than any KJW or KWA ive used) and the cycle rate is quick for a metal gun. Nothing bad to say about it really, eccept the accasional slide-lock faliure a few batches had.

Comment

Originally posted by nick View Post
        hate the design of both but hate the M more.

Get a ergonomically perfect glock.
        I hate the Glock look with a passion! Sorry to smash your likings.

Thats the thing, I like the double stack mag with the hi-capa, but the 1911a1 will fulfill almost any load-out...

Comment

hi-cappa all the way from experience+ too many have 1911's

Comment

If you like the Double stack but is also like the 1911, what about the Tokyo Marui? It holds 28 BBs, has full trades, and is the most accurate pistol ive ever shot.

Comment

That may be a consideration, but the money I will have to feed it is daunting!
              I normally abuse my guns to the limit, I tend to use propane so I think that kicks TM out of my list, hence the feeding the pistol money. (metal slide, high valve... Etc, etc.)

But the option of CO2 makes me a happy bunny with the WE guns.

Is the WE 1911A1 compatible with Marui mags? - If this is the case, I think but highly doubt it, I may have a winner.

Comment

Unfortunatly not, most of the gun is compatable, but not the mags. But, most places -zero one springs to mind- sell it with 2 mags, so maybe the mag capacity isnt such a problem...

Comment

Indeed. I'll be off now, back in a while... See how far this thread will go.

Decisions decisions....

Comment

The poll is 50-50, it seems that the Hi-Capa is in the lead for performance.

Comment

1911...its a design classic
                      Originally posted by rockinrobin
                      52 asterisks! Is that a forum record for one post?

Comment

Come on lads and lasses! Does anyone own both of the blighters? - Or the classic 1911, never heard much from it.

Comment

I own the 1911, but I have friends with the 5.1 and have had a go. The 5.1 is a much more versatile pistol with the larger capacity mag and the beefy subtantial size of it. Plus theres lots of custom stuff for the 5.1's to make them look awesome, and you can add torches or lazer units to the rail, which the standard 1911 lacks. If you want a no nonsense backup, go the 1911, but if you want something a bit special, get the 5.1.

Comment

Which holds the most gas in terms of standard magazines?

Comment

Originally posted by TheLazymarksman View Post
                              Which holds the most gas in terms of standard magazines?
                              5.1 does. The 1911 has a very thin mag = low gas capacity

Another point to remember is that the 1911 sights are the old military style which are a pain in the a*** to aim with sometimes. Still, I would go for the 1911 since it looks better (can't stand these '2011s') and comes with two mags.

The TM 1911 runs fine on propane hint hint

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

TheLazyMarksman Please be aware that not only myself use this account. Find out more about TheLazyMarksman
                              Working...
                              X